Cressi Dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BurBunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Time for a new mask, and I want to try on a couple of the Cressi models. However, my normal shops (Flatirons, UW Phantaseas South) don't advertise that they carry Cressi. Didn't see it on A1's website either, and Denver Divers and Coral Reef don't list their brands.

Anyone know who in the Denver Metro area carries them so I can see if I like?

BurBunny:
Time for a new mask, and I want to try on a couple of the Cressi models. However, my normal shops (Flatirons, UW Phantaseas South) don't advertise that they carry Cressi. Didn't see it on A1's website either, and Denver Divers and Coral Reef don't list their brands.

Anyone know who in the Denver Metro area carries them so I can see if I like?

Any reason for Cressi?

A1 does not carry Cressi, but they do have Aqualung, Mares, Genesis, and more. Actually my buddy got his Cressi Big Eye from UW Phantaseas South, so they did have them (that was over a year ago). The Cressi Big Eye's mask fits a big face. It's one of the few masks that does not fit my face well.

A1 has just about every mask they sell in their rental area, so you can try on just about anything. I would not suggest getting in the pool with a mask if you don't intend to purchase there. They will also let you buy, try, and then exchange. Unfortunately their prices are not all that good on personal items. Most of their masks run $65+. They actually sell a lot of their personal items at above MSRP because they then knock off 15-20% for students. So as a student the price is not horrible, but for anyone else the price is a bit on the high side even for an LDS.

Good Luck

Try this site for a great price. And yes, they are in Spain but they get you your item faster than stores here in the states. They speak English ifyou want to call them.

http://www.scubastore.com/shop.asp?id_familia=9&id_subfamilia=32

I have bought 3 masks and a set of fins from them. No problems.

I know that Gobe divers off of Broadway and Mineral in Littleton carries most of the Cressi masks.

Ron, wanting to see how I like them for the wider view. Not looking at the Big Eyes (likely too large for my smaller face), but one of the similarly-shaped but smaller masks.

Rich - thanks for the referral, but I can be a tough fit, so want to try before I buy. And for something like this where I do need to try first, want to reward LDS who stock wide selections so I have that option rather than buying blind. Not worth it to stiff them just to save $20 or so.

Dimitrik - not familiar with Gobe. May have to check them out if I don't find them elsewhere.

bur-bunny. Have you tried the Mares X-Vision? It has a greater field of vision than than other masks, and fit's almost everyone, amongst other things. This is the #1 selling mask for the above reasons for 3 years. Should you have a narrow or smaller face, on 2/25/06 we are launching the xvision mid. Just a thought.

Zak, actually yes, the X-Vision is one of the others on my short list to try (along with the new Tusa M23 I believe it is). Many other photographers I know speak highly of it as an option. Appreciate the info on the new release, however. Since I have a bit of time before I need to purchase, will await the launch of the xvision mid.

Are you rep for our district?

BurBunny:
Ron, wanting to see how I like them for the wider view. Not looking at the Big Eyes (likely too large for my smaller face), but one of the similarly-shaped but smaller masks.

Rich - thanks for the referral, but I can be a tough fit, so want to try before I buy. And for something like this where I do need to try first, want to reward LDS who stock wide selections so I have that option rather than buying blind. Not worth it to stiff them just to save $20 or so.

Dimitrik - not familiar with Gobe. May have to check them out if I don't find them elsewhere.

I dive the Mares X-Vision, and it's the ONLY mask I've ever tried that does not leak with my stach. Not ONE leak in five dives so far. I love that mask. Prior to that I was using the Aqualung Mythos. It has a very similar view, and seemed to fit my face well, but it did leak on some dives. Both the XVision and Mythos have a very wide view, similar to the big eyes. As I said before, the Cressi Big eye is just about the only mask I've tried that does not fit my face... it's just too big.

A1 has both the Mythos, and the XVision to try on not only in the store, but in the pool if you like.

I can understand. But I was charged over $100 for my first cressi mask by an LDS....I paid $35 from the dive inn. That is a good bit more than a $20 diff.

BurBunny:
Zak, actually yes, the X-Vision is one of the others on my short list to try (along with the new Tusa M23 I believe it is). Many other photographers I know speak highly of it as an option. Appreciate the info on the new release, however. Since I have a bit of time before I need to purchase, will await the launch of the xvision mid.

Are you rep for our district?

Burbunny,
I am the District Sales Manager for the NW not including CO. Although, I love Colorado and would love for it to be part of my responsibility.

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom