Cressi Commander, Oceanic Excursion, Scubapro Hydros Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

your purpose in posting this was.....?

If you're not interested in the continued discussion then do what everybody else does and leave the thread.

I chose to post my conclusions for the benefit of anybody in the future looking up these models.

thanks...yeah, it was tricky, the hydros is tempting. I was happy with what I did get to dive, but a couple of minor preference choices in the layout of the BC kept my my way - though if anybody else digs this thread up later I'm sure comments like yours would be helpful.

And while I know the straps have now been upgraded, I was still left with some concerns - especially knowing my area and long shore/pier walks (and the abuse the BC will probably cop on liveaboards).

Ordered mine now, so it's all good. I tried on a few others - absolutely hated the Aqualung ones, they felt extremely cumbersome, and I didn't really like the compromised features on the travel-dedicated models.

Got about 30 liveaboard dives on the Great Barrier Reef booked later this year (though with covid, all plans are always pencilled in!), and my AOW in a week and a half, so I'll be putting it through its paces soon enough. We'll see how happy I am with it then :)

What did you end up buying?

What did you end up buying?
Excursion.
I was able to try it and the Commander and there were some very minor differences between the two that pointed me towards the excursion - mainly the dump valve placement.

There were some features of it I preferred over the Hydros, and a couple of other considerations as well. Wife also bought the Excursion - but she has a back injury so appreciated the comfort of that one; she was able to log full kit 100-200m on 4 separate dives over the weekend (though pulled up a little sore the day after)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom