Cressi Bug Eye Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleBubbles

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has tried the Cressi Bug Eye mask recently reviewed in Rodale's? Any thing great or just another mask?

Bubbles X 2,

Barbara bought one because she has a small face--to go with a small body--and it was great in the dive shop! But while diving it leaked around the edges constantly in spite of all the "dry" tests she did in the dive shop.

The greater range of vision was indeed true, but when the mask is half-filled with salt water, it is hard to appreciate!

This is probably not much help, though....

Joewr

I have about 20 dives with mine, and I like it. Great vis, but I can certainly see how it may not fit a variety of faces. I would recommend the mask if it fits your face.

Mike

I will second the above. If you have a face that fits, it's a great mask. I like mine, but I know several people who couldn't get theirs to stop leaking and consequently hate it. Take one for a spin before dropping the money on it.

JoelW

Regarding the "Big Eyes" mask-
The field of vision is very good, but I discovered that equalizing was a problem due to the elongated lens frames getting in the way of the "pinch" in the pinch and blow technique-while not an insurmuntable problem,1t was enough of an annoyance that I got a different mask. As others have said, it depends on the face structure. This problem is just one more thing to consider.
good luck with your purchase,
Miked

bubbles, i have used my big eyes since spring and have had no problems with it except the anti-fog i use gets under the lip inside the mask and requires a little rinsing to get out after the dive. other than that i am really happy with it. being able to see farther down your profile is very nice, especially when triing to unclip some accessories carried low on my bc. it is worth a try, you can always sell it if it doesn't fit your facial features.
sam

BubblesX2, I had the same problem as joewr. I purchased my mask in July and it fit great in the dive shop. I used it about ten times in the pool and warm lakes with no problem till this weekend. This weekend I used the mask with a 5mm hood in 50 degree water and it leaked the whole time. I had my dive buddy double check to make sure the hood was not in the way of the mask. The second day I dove without the hood the first two dive and no leaks. Last dive used the mask and had leaks. I have a small face and I hate to give up the mask because of the vis. from the big eyes. My dive buddy has a big face and wore a Big Eyes without any problems. I recommend trying it before buying if you can, Good Luck!!!

I don't fit the Cressi mask skirt either so that mask is out of hte question - however, I think Scuba Pro just came out with a similar mask and they will have a different mask skirt that might be a better fit - try both...

Big T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom