Creases in wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkw5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there any hope to take out creases in my wetsuit. I always hang my wetsuit and even shoove Tshirts in the sleeves, but I have still managed to get a few creases.

nkw5 once bubbled...
Is there any hope to take out creases in my wetsuit. I always hang my wetsuit and even shoove Tshirts in the sleeves, but I have still managed to get a few creases.
I used to try and roll up my wetsuit in the suitcase so it wouldn't crease. Then I realized that that creases in the wetsuit don't seem to hurt anything, and started folding the wetsuit so as to best use it as a cushion for more sensitive gear such as my reg.

Charlie99,

No, they aren't a really a problem. I guess it's just a cosmetic question.

I had a stack of creases in a 7mm suit from it being flattened (even though I rolled it) in transport.

Maybe a dozen dives later after the entire suit had had a chance to compress and expand, they were mostly gone.

So go diving more!

Actually creases are where the neoprene has been overcompressed (eg from folding), and there are no bubbles in the suit to provide insulation along the crease, so there is a minor loss of insulation - but tiny compared to the overall surface area of the suit. The creased areas do not seem to be wearing out any quicker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom