Crazy Wheeled Pelican Case Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lann

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have lots of quite valuable scuba gear.

There are a couple scenarios that I have been trying to think of a good way to deal with.

Scenario 1 - Beach Diving
I could be diving at a beach that is far from the road. It's also possible that I had to take a bus, cab, or some sort of public transportation to the dive site. Sometimes when i go into the water I leave valuables behind which usually include my wallet, second scuba tank, clothes, spare parts.

Scenario 2 - Boat Diving
I might have to take a bus or cab to the boat. There are valuables left on the boat while I'm in the water. This is usually not a problem but who knows what happens during or after the boat dives which could cause me to want to leave my gear some place for a short time.

I've been trying to think of a solution to transport my scuba gear (and maybe even tanks) over land and then have the gear be secure once I reach my destination and have come up with the following hair-brained schemes:

Pelican iM2875 Case: Amazon.com: Pelican Storm iM2875 Case with Wheels, Watertight, Padlockable Case, No Foam or Divider Interior, Black: Electronics
This is the largest pelican case which is approved by most airlines: Airline Case Allowance

In this case I would put my wet/drysuit, BCD, Fins, and Spare parts.

PacSafe Stuffsafe 80L: Amazon.com: Pacsafe StuffSafe 80L Waterproof Stuff Sack - Black: Sports & Outdoors
I would put this bag inside of a backpack. Iside this bag I'd put my camera, mask, dive computer, regulators, and any other small but valuable parts.

Both of these items can be securely locked to a fixture such as a bike rack, tree, or whatever makes the most sense.

But I have a yet crazier idea that could be used while shore diving. Couldn't I put all of my unused gear inside of the pelican case and use it as a dive buoy? It says on the site that it has over 250lbs of buoyancy and is water tight. This seems like a pretty damn good way to secure my gear when shore diving, and no secure fixture is available, as long as it were anchored properly. It also seems like it could fit a high-pressure scuba cylinder if placed diagonally so I literally could fit everything inside of the case.

Just trying to think outside of the box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom