Crappy ScubaPro Dealer "Advice"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had been getting all my gear serviced at a certain LDS shop My MK-20 Balanced adjustable Ect. without problems or bad prices. I picked a deal on a used MK16 550 regulator at a good price for a back-up (slight IP creep) and thought I might give it a try in cold water although I've never had a problem with my MK-20 TIS and freezing down to 40 degrees.
Here's the deal!!! the shop says it's $50.00 a stage extra (surcharge) because it's a current model reg and I bought it used. Called ScubaPro and they said all dealers can do what ever they want to discourage sales by other than authorized dealers.(this was used not new) THat's 100.00 before parts and normal labor. I am done with this LDS and hope his doors close soon. But I love diving ScubaPro more than 50 miles to next dealer. Any idea who does mail-order repair or should I just dump all my ScubaPro regs and try another line. Hate to do it love the way they breathe. But Robbery by a dealer I won't allow.

HELP !!!!! Suggestions:11:

You could mail your regs off to a place like ScubaToys that will charge you reasonable rates.

I guess that's what I was hoping for I checked ScubaToys site didn't see repair infor for sending in REGS.

ddown:
I guess that's what I was hoping for I checked ScubaToys site didn't see repair infor for sending in REGS.
Give them a call, they will help you out.

I have no qualms whatsoever seconding awap's recommendation.

I don't know if it matters or not but the MK 16 is no longer a "current" reg. Scubapro is no longer producing it since they came out with the MK 17.

And don't expect any help from scubapro. They used to be top dog. Now they build some good stuff and they build some crap. Divers are not their customers. Dive shops are their customers. Find another dive shop.

cobaltblue:
I don't know if it matters or not but the MK 16 is no longer a "current" reg. Scubapro is no longer producing it since they came out with the MK 17.
Doesn't matter, they will be making service kits for the MK16 for a long time to come.

That's what I though Good reg to use as a backup throw in the bag for Liveaboard trips and cold water quarry dives. I wonder does DA Aquamasters shop take Mail in regs we've talked about our love of Balanced Adjustables and seems like a real fine ScubaPro tech.

It's actually diveable take 3 or four minutes to creep 10PSI but that takes it to 155-160 a little high for my liking.
And from using other Diaphram regs it doesn't get better only worse.

Back
Top Bottom