Crack in Force Fin Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nerdalmighty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I was just setting out for a dive this morning, when I noticed a crack in one of my Force Fin Pro's.

The Crack is at the left far end of the footpocket towards the blade, going across and down into the blade itself, at about the place where the blade starts it's flex when in use. It's about 1½ cm deep and 2 cm wide.

I used the fin for two dives today, and it worked okay, but I'm quite sure the crack will eventually expand and ruin the fin completely unless it is somehow mended.

What do you think would be the best solution here, has anyone of you experienced cracks in the fins before? Could I use some regular epoxy glue or is something else better suited for the job?

The fins have been stored in a separate bag since I got them last year so they haven't been in contact with anything that should have been able to cause the crack. Also, other than the crack they are pretty much scratch free. The crack looks to have come just from pressure at use at a weak spot in the fin.

I forgot to take a picture before storing the fins with the rest of my equipment at the divecenter for tomorrow, but I've attached an image to show where the crack is located.

I'm going diving for the next 3 days too, so I hope the fin will survive so I don't have to use a regular pair of boring fins :)

Thanks in advance for you help.

- Claes

proforce.jpg

Nerdalmighty, Well if a pair of Force fin's bites the dust, they will go about where your fin split. Without writing a book to explain the reasons this rarely happens, it's just best to go back to your dive shop and let them and us take care of your needs. Sorry to read your sad post let's get things worked out.

I'm sure Bob and the crew will help you sort it out. Mine have taken some real punishment and 1,000's of dives, and so far, fantastic. I have always found they stand behind what they do.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. So I guess it won't work with glue at all then?

I bought the fins online at forcefin.com last year, as there wasn't a reseller available where I live.

So I'm not sure about my options, should I send the fin(s) back to the US for a warranty replacement (if there is a such?) or what is the best solution?

- Claes

nerdalmighty, Glue will not work. Poly-urethanes we use will withstand chemical exposure. So option "one" we take care of you (replace fins and send to you at our cost", next week when the staff is here at the office. Meanwhile you will have to use another design which will quickly remind you why you choose a smart fin.

Hi Bob,

Thank you, that's mighty nice of you. I really appreciate your help.

I just found my receipt and the box my Force Fins came in, and the warranty card is still in it, so I hope we can work something out anyway.

My order number on your website last august was 3810, and the size is XXL (Blair changed the original order from XXXL to XXL). I logged in on your website, but my purchase isn't listed, I'm thinking that might be because of the new website you have gotten since I bought mine or something similar.

If you or the staff need any information from me, just email me at claesblom@gmail.com

If you have the old order in your database, the shipping address should be as the billing address.

I will post a picture of my fins with the custom drawings I've done on it later, as a special thank you :D

Best regards
Claes Blom

So option "one" we take care of you (replace fins and send to you at our cost", next week when the staff is here at the office.

:cool3:

nerdalmighty,
Thanks again for your support and email confirming your address is still the same! We look forward to getting you back in the water with your Force Fins.

And thank you so much for you help, both of you :)

Not only are your fins great, but the service and help I've received now and last year is outstanding. I'm looking forward to be one with the water again soon :)

Be Happy Diving
Claes

nerdalmighty, Glue will not work. Poly-urethanes we use will withstand chemical exposure. So option "one" we take care of you (replace fins and send to you at our cost", next week when the staff is here at the office. Meanwhile you will have to use another design which will quickly remind you why you choose a smart fin.

I love it. Who needs Plan B?
Way to go Bob!

I was just browsing and came across this post. I happen to look down and I'm wearing my black FF T-shirt Blair gave me this summer. What a hoot! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom