Crab anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have to say the crab in my area keep me from ever wanting to live anywhere else. I just wish the season was all year long.

Attachments

• Scottwithmondocrab.jpg
    Scottwithmondocrab.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 82
  • crab.JPG
    crab.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Eliza Crab Feast 2006.JPG
    Eliza Crab Feast 2006.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Crab Man.jpg
    Crab Man.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 71
Have to say the crab in my area keep me from ever wanting to live anywhere else. I just wish the season was all year long.

Gosh. I really wish I were back in Washington again! Wow. I really miss Dungies! :depressed: All these pics of big crabs has me depressed. What I've got sitting in the fridge right now is some surumi.

Sniff.

X

Wow! Where do you catch those crabs? I am in Bellingham often. I've never ventured into the water up there, too cold, I'm a wimp.
But dungeness are the best, I will have to do my homework and face the cold.

where can they be found in SE Fla...the stone crabs and whatever else might be around here.

how do you catch em wo getting nailed?

A Fresh Dungeness Crab is my favorite shell fish in the world--even a head of lobster. That said, there just aren't any of them in Southern California so I have to settle for bugs. If I was more North, I'd be looking for Dungeness.

I went to school in kent, Washington a long time ago. I agree those are the best crabs in the US. I dive the gulf now and the spear fishing is great, but the little blue crabs arn't as good or as big. They are mean though:devil::devil:
There is a good chance I will be moving back this year and hope to hook up with some ocean hunters when I get there.

You got my mouth watering!
Rick

We had a nice double season in WA this year... I liked the winter catch the best.

With generous limits (5 per person), we were able to dine on crab during our surface interval, and still bring home plenty for all the diver's families to enjoy at dinner.

We were able to add Perch and Flounder on every outing, too. I still love the Dungies best, but learned not to turn up my nose at the Red Rock crab. Their legs and bodies don't carry as much meat as the Dungies, but the flavor and texture are great.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom