Cozumel U/W Photo Contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Photocoz

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Gang! Okay - I am putting this out here - I DO NOT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION...YET!!! Please do not PM or e-mail me with questions on this yet, because I don't know - YET!!!!! As soon as I have more info at the start of next week I will post it, and that will most likely answer everybodies questions (if at that point you have ???'s - yeah ask me, no problem!!!)
May 12 - 14th is Mexico's FIRST dive trade show - MEXICO UNDERWATER. It will be held at the convention center (next to Chedraui)You will have the opportunity to learn all about diving throughout Mexico (I know for us Cozumelholics - there is no where else in Mexico - but...you will be suprised at where there is diving!!)
In this trade show we are having a PHOTO CONTEST!!!!!! Prizes will include return trips to Cozumel & more!!!! (I will have more details on this also!)
Here is what I do know:
•May 12-14th
•It is a FILM contest - no digital!!!! I know people - they were not ready to jump into the digital arena yet. So it is FILM!!!!!!!
•ANY make, model or type of film camera from point & shoot through housed SLR is allowed to enter.
•They are going to limit the # of people allowed in the contest, so the registration will be on the 11th - details to come on what time & where.
•They will provide you with the film & processing (we are doing the processing so you know it is awesome!!!) Everything will be on slide film format - for those of you that have never shot slide film - it is the only fair way to run a contest & it is the best quality film available.period. The cool thing is with today's technology, we can scan your slides, make a CD & bingo - you have digital images!!!!!!
•Shooting dates are the 12th & 13th ONLY, with the winners being announced at an event in the convention center on the 14th.
•You will have the opportunity to enter up to 3 images per roll, per day (and they are TALKING about giving you not just 1, but 2 rolls/day.)

OK - so that is what I do know - more info will follow next week - so any u/w photogs (you know, us dinosaurs with FILM cameras!!!! As much as I love u/w digital imaging - I will never give up film entirely - I can do things with it I cannot do in digital, and visa-vers also - but will never give up film completely!!!) that are going to be in Cozumel May 11th on - think about getting in on this - it could mean some way cool prizes!!!!!!!
For more information on the trade show itself - go to: www.mexicounderwater.com

Talk with you guys next week!!!!! Have a good weekend!

Well, I am feeling like I have egg on my face!

I was JUST informed that they are charging a $150.00 (U.S.dollars!!!!) to enter this photo contest!
I am SOOOOOOOOO sorry - they NEVER mentioned that to me before today!!!!!!

Anyone still interested, go to www.mexicounderwater.com

Best Wishes!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom