Cozumel trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While you can get "stung" by spotted scorpionfish and their kin, they can be handled if you are gentle. I normally don't "mess" with the wildlife, but chose to carefully scoop this little guy up to take his picture and to show how little he/she was. We originally thought that this fish was a juvenile, but then identified it as an adult mushroom scorpionfish (they only get to be about 3" long).

You are right on about the crab. It doesn't match any of the crabs in Paul Humann's Reef Creature book. It is a "swimming" crab and looks most like the blue crab and is most likely a close relative.

After fourteen years and over 500 dives in Cozumel, you start looking for the unusual!

DSAO

JTB:
Stupid question: What (where) is D2D?

I don't know the shorthand reference, but the D2D link points to
http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=2438
which is where the orignal poster put some really excellent photos of his dive trip.

I hazard a guess that it's short for "diver to diver", but that's, like I said, a guess.

jlyle:
I've posted a Coz trip report and lots of pics over on D2D if anyone is interested:

Click here

perfect pictures. Bravo!
P.S. ( After i finished with reading ) :
I think that writing such positive reports should be strongly prohibited!
I'm looking in my calendar to when we can escape back to Coz.... again ... :yawn:

Back
Top Bottom