Trip Report Cozumel Trip Report, abbreviated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"food is descent. hotel is nice-ish"

maybe things have changed but i stayed there once and have been on trips where most of our group stayed there. i found the hotel was pretty damn nice. and the food was very good. for an all inclusive i would say it may have been the best i have had.

I believe it is a basket star. They unfurl at night apparently.
Definitely a basket star. The crown of thorns is only found in the Indo-Pacific.

"food is descent. hotel is nice-ish"

maybe things have changed but i stayed there once and have been on trips where most of our group stayed there. i found the hotel was pretty damn nice. and the food was very good. for an all inclusive i would say it may have been the best i have had.
I have stayed at the GPR 3 times and I have never had trouble finding meals I enjoyed. The food at the Cozumel Palace is definitely better. as is the resort itself. But it is twice the cost of the GPR. The food at Fiesta Americana was maybe just a slight bit better in my opinion, but since they have lost their beach front area I would not return there.

Definitely a basket star. The crown of thorns is only found in the Indo-Pacific.
Revillagigedos, May 2019

1645295309604.png

I don't know why anyone would walk 3 blocks to catch a cab, the cost was $6 per person, so not worth walking with 7 bags to find a cab.
I can't see anyone with checked bags doing that. Some with only carry-on might to get a private cab, but the shuttles have always worked for me and my bags. I do get out at every stop to make sure my bags don't get left early so I really try for the shotgun seat.

Revillagigedos, May 2019

View attachment 708089
It appears that I was using “Indo-Pacific” incorrectly. I intended it to mean all of the Pacific and Indian Oceans, but I now see that if is more restricted, covering the Western and Central Pacific. Learn something new every day!

I can't see anyone with checked bags doing that. Some with only carry-on might to get a private cab, but the shuttles have always worked for me and my bags. I do get out at every stop to make sure my bags don't get left early so I really try for the shotgun seat.
I've done it a couple of times with checked bags (one carry on and one big bag each) before getting free transfers. It got us there faster, no waiting, no extra stops and no packed into a van with others. It's an easy walk if your bags are on wheels. I've considered doing it even with free transfers.

one carry on and one big bag each
Ok, I pack twice as much as you, and I have ancient legs. Enjoy your youth and minimalism.

Ok, I pack twice as much as you, and I have ancient legs. Enjoy your youth and minimalism.
Me too. My wife and I had 7 bags this past trip. With scuba gear and photography gear, I don't know how you could go with much fewer. Unless I only took swimming suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom