Cozumel Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deerboy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been diving a few years but my wife just got certified and i wanted to introduce her to the sport in Cozumel. Niether of us have ever been, So i would appreciate any advice you might have. We are looking for great diving of course, but just as important we would like to stay in a luxury hotel or resort, with all the ammenities. Does not have to be all inclusive but can be. We are in our early thirties and also appreciate a little night life and of course need to know all the great eateries.

thank you for your input
Deerboy

Deerboy

Check out the search function of the board. Search under Mexico and you will find so many threads you can't read them all. Most will discuss location(proximatey to town) and ammenaties. Just do a little searching and you'll find everything you need. You can do the same for Dive Ops. Many have opinions on that as well. Good Luck and have a great time in my favorite spot!

deerboy:
I have been diving a few years but my wife just got certified and i wanted to introduce her to the sport in Cozumel. Niether of us have ever been, So i would appreciate any advice you might have. We are looking for great diving of course, but just as important we would like to stay in a luxury hotel or resort, with all the ammenities. Does not have to be all inclusive but can be. We are in our early thirties and also appreciate a little night life and of course need to know all the great eateries.

thank you for your input
Deerboy

That is a very large question. For starters, I have some info posted at http://www.jumpstartmusic.com/CozTrav2000/index.html that addresses several aspects of your query. I don't know nothin' 'bout no luxury digs there, though, other than that they are certainly available, though many/most of them are very far from town. Check out El Presidente http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/icon/hd/czmha

Plaza las Glorias has ocean view rooms and is within walking distance to all the "night life" and restaurants in town. The on site dive op, Aqua Safari, may fit your need as well.

By all means do a search. IMHO the best on the island are as follows: Best resort: El Presidente. Best dive op.: Aldora. Best restaurant: La Cocay (Best means best quality not necessarily best value).

Tim Ingersoll:
By all means do a search. IMHO the best on the island are as follows: Best resort: El Presidente. Best dive op.: Aldora. Best restaurant: La Cocay (Best means best quality not necessarily best value).

Interesting choice Tim. Why are you so high on LaCocay?

Eaten there many times and never had a bad experience. Great menu. Great music. Consistently good food. Great atomosphere.

dear sir,
by all means, El Presidente has everything you listed.
however, you may want to use this board to do research for the perfect dive op that will meet your every need.

I know that many of you like El Presidente, but I can not understand why. The room I stayed in was not what I expect at all. It was worse than a low end motor lodge. Very dated & run down. Checked out after 1 day & went elsewhere.
IMHO, the Iberostar is the best choice. With a great beach and a short boat ride to the dive sites. The down side is, it is far from town.

Thanks for all of your suggestions - we will definitely check out the search function.

Back
Top Bottom