Cozumel pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have just uploaded some of my Cozumel pictures. I'd say I had about a 65% sucess rate with the pictures I took with my MX10 which isn't so bad. I used mostly Fuji 100 and 400 ASA print film and one time I had to use a Kodak 400 print film. Processing was with Sea and Sea and the prints were scanned "as is" - no processing on these post print.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/14361

Any comments would be appreciated.

Very nice! The Sea Processing looks like some of our results using PS. I bet they have a pre-written 'action' they use on them all.

Looks like you had some nice dives! 65% success is awesome - especially for film where you can't go back and delete the really atrocious ones before anyone sees :wink:

Not sure why, but many of them on my monitor have a pinky or even purpley cast. I think Dee had that happen with some of hers...can't remember the answer to fix or why it happened. Sure she or someone will chime in.

Did you use just the camera or extra lenses? Looks like you did a good job with that fixed focus thing...

We sort of decided my pinky colors had to do with the manual white balance. Either the calibrations was off or the depth had changed and I didn't recalibrate it. Never did figure out why it was only on part of the photos, tho.

Thanks for posting your pics. Our water was pretty clear today but not that clear.

I used the standard lens most of the time and the close-focussing lens others. Typical apature was f8, but for some (especially in the beginning) I was using f22 to get the best depth of field. Thankfully it was so bright down there that it didn't cause a problem with the shutter speed.

As for the pink cast. I think that is the calibration on your monitor. I scanned them "as is" and din't apply any colour correction to them. My wife is a graphic designer and works with a calibrated monitor and I know she would have commented if the balance was off - especially since there should be very reduced red at depth.

Which unknown fish would that be *laughs* I'm assuming you mean the black fish with the racing stripes? Thank you!

DrSteve:
Which unknown fish would that be *laughs* I'm assuming you mean the black fish with the racing stripes? Thank you!

Laughing. I was referring to the photo titled "Unknown fish!". The "Unknown fish Paradise" is a coney. The "Not a silhouette" is a black durgon

Thank you Louisianadiver! I'm afraid we are too poor right now to buy the reef fish ID books...got to get some more equipment for the next trip.

Back
Top Bottom