Cozumel Off Cruise Ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuckster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Only 1 day and I know things have changed but I seem to remember a bunch of ops right near the docks offering dives. Any suggestions for a quick 2 tank dive. I've dove with Allison, Martin (moved) and Aldora.

I hate to say it, but I would go with an op from the cruise line. Most of the ops leave before the ships disembark.

Dive with Martin is still at International pier…. If you end up at 1 of the other piers you'll probably have to travel

I hate to say it, but I would go with an op from the cruise line. Most of the ops leave before the ships disembark.
It's true that most dive ops leave too early, including Aldora and Dive with Martin mentioned above, I believe. Here are a few options for a little later departures (probably need a taxi to meet them):

It's true that most dive ops leave too early, including Aldora and Dive with Martin mentioned above, I believe. Here are a few options for a little later departures (probably need a taxi to meet them):

Got an email from Scuba with Allison and I'll have an hour to disembark and get to the marina which looks like 5 minutes away. Dove with her before and had a great experience. Dive with Martin is iffy at best on getting with them.

Got an email from Scuba with Allison and I'll have an hour to disembark and get to the marina which looks like 5 minutes away. Dove with her before and had a great experience. Dive with Martin is iffy at best on getting with them.

I have a high school friend that loves diving with Allison. Good luck.

I've never been on a cruise ship but I have seen plenty of them close up from the water; is it possible to guarantee that you will make it in time? The doors for getting on and off the ships look pretty small compared to the size of the vessel.

@Tuckster should have no problem getting off the ship in time to make the dives, assuming the ship arrives on time and there are no hang ups with Customs clearance for the ship. No guarantees, but I have seen very few late arrivals or Customs issues at COZ. You can help yourself by lining up for ship debarkation well before the ship is cleared to release passengers. Being one of the first off the ship is usually under your control if you don't mind lining up very early.

Dive with Martin is still at International pier…. If you end up at 1 of the other piers you'll probably have to travel
DWM moved their boats to Fonatur when the cruise ship pier was shuttered two years ago. As of last month they were still at Fonatur, not at the cruise ship pier. (We dove with them at the end of January.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom