Cozumel in May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there May 1 to the 8th. I have been there in May a few years ago. It was beautiful! No rain, no mosquitos yet. Just very nice..most enjoyable month to me. The water is in the low 80's. Wonderful time of year!

I think this thread should be moved to Mexico for more meaningful dialoge.

You're right Mike. I didn't even notice that. Thanks, Moving it now. Good catch.

hcs3:
as the title says, what is the diving like in may in cozumel?

anyone willing to weigh in on their opinion of the scuba club cozumel is welcome to as well :)

TIA

I love Cozumel in May. I go there every May. Going there again in May. The diving is great, it's not so crowded, and the fishing is at its peak. I can't wait...

I'm headed for SCC for the last 10 days in Apr for my 5th trip with them. Their specials in the early part of the year tend to be fairly good if you can find reasonable airfare. The facility is top notch for pleasurable diving. Great service; large, clean rooms; very good (fresh) food. Even with the specials, their prices are a bit on the high side but well worth it. Later in the year, a couple other resorts will offer better specials, but they are not as good as SCC in terms of food, service, and dive op.

When you get tired of their shore dive, try the taxi dive. $5.00 taxi ride with gear about 1/4 mile south to the lighthose. Put in in the small lagoon and drift back. Also, you could try the night shore dive at 9pm, midnight, and 5pm. Hope you have better luck getting your SO out with you than I did.

Coz in May is outstanding. Not too many people as it is on the front side of the slow season. Small boats, small crowds..........great diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom