Cozumel in July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casa Denis works for us also (but I think we'll still check out WW's margarita's another night :D)

I imagine I am up for that one, too!!
Barracuda and San Juan today. Oodles of turtles and scrawled file fish hanging out in gangs.

I imagine I am up for that one, too!!
Barracuda and San Juan today. Oodles of turtles and scrawled file fish hanging out in gangs.

Hey Sallye,

Thanks for the sleepover (again) last night. I guess I will put 9 July on my list!!

FYI First Diver:

The weather here is muy caliente with lots of sun. The water was a gorgeous incredible turquoise today.

It was great to meet new SB'ers last night at Wet Wendy's. I would be up for Casa Denis since I have not been there yet!! What's one more ferry ride? Done three roundtrips now in 6 days.:D

Aloha

Hey Sallye,

Thanks for the sleepover (again) last night. I guess I will put 9 July on my list!!

FYI First Diver:

The weather here is muy caliente with lots of sun. The water was a gorgeous incredible turquoise today.

It was great to meet new SB'ers last night at Wet Wendy's. I would be up for Casa Denis since I have not been there yet!! What's one more ferry ride? Done three roundtrips now in 6 days.:D

Aloha

No problem! It'll be a bit more crowded at Villa Sallye, as one of the guys called it today... but there'll still be an extra bed.

It was a gorgeous day! We dived the north end, so we avoided all those crazy rollers toward the south.

Last night was a big time! Great to see so many familiar folks in person and hear so many dive lies. I am looking forward to Casa Denis on Thursday. I haven't been there yet this trip.

Have the ferry folks started asking you about your commute yet?!?

No problem! It'll be a bit more crowded at Villa Sallye, as one of the guys called it today... but there'll still be an extra bed.

It was a gorgeous day! We dived the north end, so we avoided all those crazy rollers toward the south.

Last night was a big time! Great to see so many familiar folks in person and hear so many dive lies. I am looking forward to Casa Denis on Thursday. I haven't been there yet this trip.

Have the ferry folks started asking you about your commute yet?!?

I guess I am getting brown enough and acting "large and in charge" enough where they ask for my local ID for discount when I buy a ticket!:D

Good night folks,

I have a big day ahead of me "land touring!" Happy diving!

Mary

ok ok So the bar is a fun place for you guys n gals. How's the diving??????? Anyone care to leave a note on your gas expiration experiences at depth. What about the odd sunburn, any sun happening? Is it all windy there? On the weather channel here it keeps saying t-storms n rain. But I am sorta glad your having fun without me. It rained here last night at least and I got wet. Look like an idiot with my Coz t-shirt and mask on sitting on my lawn.

OK OK , i'll fess up to my new diver experience:

I jumped in yesterday morning without my weight belt. I immediately noticed even before I tried to descend. Luckily the current wasn't strong and the boat was right there. El Capitan handed it to me, I easily got it on and as the DM said: **** happens.

Next dive, I put my weight belt on immediately. :D:D

man, after diving 4 dives per day for 3 days in a row...i'm pretty darn tired. I have 4 planned today but may not do the afternoon dive and lay by the pool and take a long nap. But then again, I may dive as I can sleep when I get home. :D:D:D

jeff

I saw your thread in the Swamp Divers forum. Now that you have experienced Cozumel, I'll be you're really missing CSSP, aren't you?

(I dove CSSP today...I saw like TWO WHOLE fish. You're jealous now, huh?):D

LOL Lyne...yeah I miss Sunday's 5 foot vis at CSSP. Few more fish here. Saw my first eagle ray yesterday at Columbia shallows and it was super cool.

j

I am signed up for Whale Shark snorkel for tomorrow and Cenotes for Tuesday. Then thinking of heading back to Cozumel for another week of diving.

Where should I go? I have an inquiry in with Blue Angel. Need a place for 7 to 14 July 2009.

OK OK , i'll fess up to my new diver experience:

I jumped in yesterday morning without my weight belt. I immediately noticed even before I tried to descend. Luckily the current wasn't strong and the boat was right there. El Capitan handed it to me, I easily got it on and as the DM said: **** happens.

Next dive, I put my weight belt on immediately. :D:D

man, after diving 4 dives per day for 3 days in a row...i'm pretty darn tired. I have 4 planned today but may not do the afternoon dive and lay by the pool and take a long nap. But then again, I may dive as I can sleep when I get home. :D:D:D

jeff

Heck, Jeff, that doesn't count as new diver experience. Been a little while since I was a new diver, but day before yesterday, I rolled off the boat, dumped the air out of the BC, got to about 10 feet, exhaled, and went NOwhere.

Took me about 2 seconds to realize that I was sin lead. DM David handed me the belt with 4 pounds he carries for folks who turn out to be too light (me this time) and away we went.

Do hate doing stuff like that though...

Hope you are still having a big time. I am!
Ran into Bill, from the Wet Wendy's get together, today on the surface interval. I was loving life in a hammock, and he doubted that anything was going to get me out of that hammock.
Shop mgr came by to see us all and dragged me out of the hammock to head back to the boat.
Might be siesta time again!

Back
Top Bottom