Cozumel Hacienda San Miguel,Villas Las Anclas, Casa Mexicana, Caribe Blu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Please review/feedback the following hotels in Cozumel:
Villas Las Anclas, Casa Mexicana, Caribe Blu, Hacienda San Miguel, Hotel Vista del mar

Planning first dive trip to Cozumel in April/May. We are planning to dive as much as possible. We are looking for quite comfortable room/suite with A/C that is smoke free and mold free because of Allergies. Not a AI, we are planning to eat at the local resurants. We are not renting a car.

Since this is our "first Trip" we are looking for some "inside" information from those of you who frequent this wonderful dive location.

We are excited to go warm water diving.

So what is The Good, The Bad, or the Ugly to report on these hotels?

Or Better yet your recommend for an even better place to Stay in Cozumel.

Rental Condo? For two people---is this a good option?

We do not Party

Thanks, Arizona divers

We were just at the caribe blu and renovations should be done now.. they weren't quite finished a week ago, just the lobby left to do. The restaurant above the Blue Angel dive shop next door is open at 7:30a.m. but closes at about 2:30 or so in the afternoon, so for supper it's a hike/taxi to somewhere to eat. Wife and I enjoyed the walk to town..maybe 15 minutes or so. Nice having the dive shop right there, did go out on one of their boats, snorkeling from the shore was good too.

I'd go for the Bahia where I stayed a few weeks ago, it is owned by Casa Mexicana owners which is just down the Street but costs about twice as much. The room was big, quiet, clean, nice bed, fridge, TV, A/C, and has the free breakfast catered in from Casa Mexicana, fresh tropical fruits, orange juice, croissants and coffee in the lobby on the dot at 7:10am. Free Internet. The Bahia is right across from the Aldora dock (I could actually see whether the boat was in and therefore not rush my breakfast or Internet).

Gustavo and Jaime at the front desk were very helpful, chambermaids efficient. It is at Calle 3 and Melgar across from the Pizza Hut and a coffee shop. Right in town so you don't have to walk or take a taxi like Caribe Blue. I dont know Las Anclas or the San Miguel places. At the Bahia I paid $57US per night for a non-ocean view (actually quieter). Some divers I met stayed at the Hotel Vista del Mar, which is a block away but I never heard them mention that it was great or got to see their room. The Bahia is not beside any salsa club or bar so it was always quiet which is the way I liked it. You can walk over to Rosado Sallas to eat at La Choza or over to Calle 5 and 15? to eat at Especiales, two of the best places. Have a great time in Cozumel!

http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/bahia

I'm booked for Hacienda San Miquel Mar 2-7. check their web site. It was recommended to me by DocVikingGo on Rodale's board. I believe that he is considered the Cozumel Expert on both of these boards. I'll let you know when I get back. as a diver, you'll fall in love with Coz.

Another vote for Caribe Blu. I've been staying for a couple of weeks every summer for many years through three name changes (well, actually, I have yet to stay there
under the Caribe Blu name, but I hope to rectify that in May). I love it.

Just returned from 4 nights at Hacienda San Miguel. We got a junior suite (separate bedroom). Well decorated, full kitchen w/utensils, refrigerator. Local grocery market a couple of blocks away. 5 min or less walking distance from the square and all most restaraunts. Beautiful garden area that all rooms face. Fun and friendly guests hang around in the garden area to eat and visit (not rowdy at all). The staff was very friendly and helpful and told us directions about some of the places the locals eat. It is less than a block from the beach. We walked to one of the dive shops we used and caught a $2 dollar taxi to the pier of another operator.

I will stay there again because we like being "in town". It's really a bargain too!

I just got back on this past Friday 1/30 from spending 8 days in Cozumel on a Singles trip and stayed at Casa Del Mar, the place was always clean and well kept. Nothing overly fancy about this place, but I did see they have lofts where the upstairs is a living room area with kitchenette's and downstairs is the bedroom. They had a nice pool with the pool-bar, good size hot-tub, nice outdoor resturant and a skybridge which went right over to the diveshop. So you pretty much have everything there, however if your looking for some good local resturants which are just a $3-4.00 cab ride let me know, we all ate at a different place each night and most were awesome!

Sham_ba_la

Sham_ba_la:
I just got back on this past Friday 1/30 from spending 8 days in Cozumel on a Singles trip and stayed at Casa Del Mar, the place was always clean and well kept. Nothing overly fancy about this place, but I did see they have lofts where the upstairs is a living room area with kitchenette's and downstairs is the bedroom. They had a nice pool with the pool-bar, good size hot-tub, nice outdoor resturant and a skybridge which went right over to the diveshop. So you pretty much have everything there, however if your looking for some good local resturants which are just a $3-4.00 cab ride let me know, we all ate at a different place each night and most were awesome!

Sham_ba_la
What resturants did you eat at in Cozumel? We are looking for ideas for April.

scubajim:
I'm booked for Hacienda San Miquel Mar 2-7. check their web site. It was recommended to me by DocVikingGo on Rodale's board. I believe that he is considered the Cozumel Expert on both of these boards. I'll let you know when I get back. as a diver, you'll fall in love with Coz.
So, how would you rate the Hacienda San Miguel? I'm considering it for a trip in June? Would really love to hear from others who have actually stayed there. Anyone else care to comment?--good or bad experience? :mermaid:

I stayed at Casa Mexicana on a trip last year. I would highly recommend it. Very clean and nice; big rooms; great breakfast; reasonably priced.

Rich Hagelin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom