Cozumel Grand question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsavannah

Reaction score
Hello everyone - I am new to the site and wanted to get advice. I am staying at the Grand Cozumel in May. I was planning on using Dive Palancar as it is on the premises. But I've read some negative reviews. Does anyone have any feedback/advice?

Thanks!

My son and I dove with Dive Palancar (DP) last year. It's your typical resort dive op, bigger boats and a wider variety of experience amongst the divers. Slip the guy at the counter $5 or $10 every day or so, ask nicely and you'll be able to pick the divemaster and/or boat that you prefer.

On site facilities were adequate, lots of storage bins. It got kind of crowded around the dunk tank when all the boats came in after the morning dives, but not a major hassle.

The dive masters were great, very conscientious and attentive. Of course, a $5 tip per tank doesn't hurt their dispostion....

All in all, a good experience, especially for my son, since it was his first warm water experience.

However, having said all that, this year we're going back to the Allegro, but we're using a different dive op (Scuba with Alison). Not necessarily a reflection on DP - I just wanted to try someone different. Alison runs a single 6-pack and has no problem picking up at the Allegro dock.

I was there for 10 days in July 03. Dive Palancar took very good care of us. And the Resort was wonderful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom