Cozumel from a cruise ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyScott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I will be going to Cozumel in late may. We will only be there one day because we will be going off a cruise ship. Dose any body have any recommendations on diving from shore or boat and is it any better to set things up before we get there??

Thanks Scott =-)

Was there last year on NCL Sun. Made my own arrangements with Aldora. Much better dives. Over an hour each dive. No crowds (only three on the boat). You can walk to their shop from the cruise ship dock. They waited for us. The cruise ship dive was a cattle boat dive with limited bottom times. I heard others complaining about it. Do a search - there are a lot of threads on this topic. Good Luck!

I don't know this from experience, as I haven't dove with them yet. But I've hear that Dive WIth Martin caters to cruise ship passengers. This makes sense, as their shop is right on the International cruise ship pier.

http://www.divewithmartin.com/

A freind of mine dove with them last November (land based) and really enjoyed the diving. They run small, fast boats with a maximum of 8 divers.

I'm considering using them for a trip I'm taking in 6 weeks. I'll post a report if I end up diving with them.

There is not really anything worth diving from the shore. There is an old airplane from a bond movie at one hotel, but you can free dive it, and its completely falling apart. We used Dive Paradise, one of the bigger opperators, but we had our own boat. If you are going to do only one day, there was one deep dive that had some cool swim throughs on the wall, with probably the biggest coral formations. There is also a fun easy wreck.

My father took a Caribbean cruise from Ft. Lauderdale last month which was supposed to give him 6-8 hours in the Cozumel area. No storms, no explained reason, but the ship was at sea longer and arrived and docked late giving them only 2 hours in town. He was bummed. So was I after coaching him on all the cool places.

The advice he gave me about cruises is do research on what activities are offered. And that you should book the activities online and in advance or as soon as you get on the boat. This way your activity will not be sold out.

There were others who did not and were very disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom