Cozumel Fiesta Americana / Dive House Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have stayed at the Fiesta Americana the last four trips to Cozumel, the first two FA wasn't all inclusive, last two were. As noted the food is Passable (always has been), the Money Bar is a very short walk and worth it.

I learned after the first trip to avoid the Dive House. There are a number of super dive operations that will pick you up at the Hotel pier, and if you are diving multiple days..... Will wash and prep your gear (yours or rental) for the next day.

Last edited:
I just returned from nine nights at FA and did several dives with DH (my wife doesn't dive so I make time for her with shore dives with her, some just snorkeling with her - which was great BTW, right in front - took a taxi up to Money Bar and drift down to FA ).

So as not to repeat all the same comments - I agree, but with a major difference: FA's All inclusive package is quite low cost for what you actually get. It exceeded my expectations FOR THE MONEY - about fifty bucks a day per person after subtracting airfare for unlimited booze and food. It is the lowest cost AI we found, and we were major budget constricted this trip, so FOR THE MONEY - it was a top rated experience compared to our dive trips to FL keys, Hawaii and Cayman Islands (which are obviously pricey choices, but our regular dive buddy couple won't dive Mexico due to the water, but are now changing their mind, after they went to Punta Cana).

The reefs were as awesome as the canyons and swim throughs of Cayman walls, but were fishier due to the current (I'll take that!!)

Salads were awesome - lots of very fresh greens, yummy fish, and contrary to some, I rather liked the cheeseburger with giant onions for every lunch along with other great choices (marinated Pork, Chicken, fish etc).

We all agreed that we all likely drank at least $500.00 in alcohol pp during our stay (based on retail prices) - worth it right there. Any drink you want and I could order a double or a triple as well (no watered down screwdrivers at all).

We spent more time enjoying the water and pool time with great friends (FA lifers) because we didn't spend time driving around to buy food, waiting for wait staff to bring food, or preparing and cleaning up after food.

"We spent more time enjoying the water and pool time with great friends (FA lifers) because we didn't spend time driving around to buy food, waiting for wait staff to bring food, or preparing and cleaning up after food. "

Thank you........right on!!!!:42:

"We spent more time enjoying the water and pool time with great friends (FA lifers) because we didn't spend time driving around to buy food, waiting for wait staff to bring food, or preparing and cleaning up after food. "

Thank you........right on!!!!:42:

Old+Thread+back.jpg

Thanks for the detailed review Arkstorm! We're headed there in three weeks for our first Cozumel dive trip. Hope my experience is as good as yours.

Ditto.

One question. What type of weights do they have available? Did they have the bag-type for integrated BCs? I really don't wanna bring my own...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom