Cozumel Dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back on Saturday from Cozumel. Had a great week and only got rained on once!

Started with just a couple of shore dives at ElCid La Ceiba Resort. A frew years back they filmed a plane crash for a 007 movie and they left the plane on the bottom right in front of the swim area. I followed the swim buoys around to the anchor then did a perpendicular to the remains of the wreck. One or all of the recent hurricanes have pretty much smashed the airplane leaving only the center of the wings with the landing struts pointing to the sky. I then tooled around the area and found a second chunk of wreckage out by the boat moorings. Looking around the coral I found a nice big crab and a barracuda. Right in front of the dock I found a three inch Orange seahorse.

On the second shore dive I took Susan out for her first fully qualified dive and showed her the Anchor and plane wreck. We saw lots of juvenile fish and many mature ones as well. No crab, barracuda or seahorse this time.

I did a night dive on Paradise Reef and we saw several crabs, lobster and octopi unfortunately right at the end of the dive my camera decided to throw an ERR99 so I couldn't get shots of everything.

Susan and I did a two tank dive on Palancar Reef and Paradise Reef. We saw many fish and even couple of reef sharks, a large green Moray and a small turtle. Again, just as the big critters came around, my camera threw a err99.

Next I did another shore dive with another guest at the hotel (Doug) and got some good shots around the anchor and plane wreck.

On the return from the two tank dive the weather got really rough and we couldn't tie up at the ElCid dock, instead we had to go 5 miles in the weather to the North Marina where it was sheltered. The hotel paid for our cab fare back so it was ok.

The weather the rest of the trip was hot and muggy with lots of sunshine. Water temp was 84 degrees down to 82 feet.

We also visited Tulum and did the tequila factory tour.

Lots of fun.

The pictures from the diving are on my website.

Mike

Tell Susan congratulations on getting certified.

Mike, been a while...

Congratulations to Susan on her new certification... Nice having a built in dive buddy!

Yep! I agree! Although she doesn't like cold water diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom