Cozumel current conditions ? May 20-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading down tomorrow and can't wait.

I am coming no matter, but curious what the current conditions are like ? I know temps don't fluctuate much, but what about marine life ? I been to Coz many times, but never in May.

My wife and I just got back from Cozumel. Conditions were great. Water temps were in the mid to high seventies. Visibility was good, not stellar, but good. Lots of marine life - turtles, rays, crabs, lobsters, seahorse, octopus. We even got a visit from two dolphins on one dive.

Just finished my 15th day of diving along with 3 night dives. Heading home tomorrow. Total 33 dives in 20 days. The temp according to my computer has been 82. Vis some days better than others but still 70 plus ft easy even on the worst day.
The current today was the strongest for my whole stay. Lets just say wasn't worth my air to swim back to see something I missed. Must say really enjoyed most of my dives with no current since I'm into taking pictures. Just float along at a very leisure pace. Lots of sea life but as you know the group 20 ft away will see things you don't and vise versa. Enjoy

Last edited:
My wife and I just got back from Cozumel. Conditions were great. Water temps were in the mid to high seventies. Visibility was good, not stellar, but good. Lots of marine life - turtles, rays, crabs, lobsters, seahorse, octopus. We even got a visit from two dolphins on one dive.
Wow, dolphins ?

Only place I have seen dolphins on a dive was years ago in Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom