Cozumel COVID status in August/September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would suggest that the official figures are really low.

The 27 cases per 100K is from the NY Times, however they do rely on local reports for their data. I ignored the travel sites.

Coronalevel.com has kings county NY at 80/100000, queens county NY at 70/100000, Yucatán at 100/100000, Quintana Roo at 200/100000, and Orange County FL at 400/100000.

Of course they really don't give city by city detail anymore but in six days, the state of Q Roo went from 4100 active cases to 5300 - back in February it was in the 1000 range

I posted this a few days ago in another thread - went to Playa and back today on very full boats - lots of masking though

I would suggest that the official figures are really low.
Tourist areas always have phenomenal public health and safety stats. In 2016 Cozumel had no cases of Zika, same for South Florida (until they heard there may be some federal relief money, then it was everywhere).
I seem to remember Amity Island had no shark attacks:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom