Cozumel COVID status in August/September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Some family members are considering a trip to Cozumel next month, and they have asked me to find out what I can about conditions on the island with respect to the virus. What if anything is different from when I was there in May?

Got back last Tuesday and saw very few differences since May or June. One thing is that the large grocery stores are limiting entry to one person per household. This does not prevent a couple from staggering their entry but it does lessen the large extended family shopping groups like I see in the US at Costco or Walmart.
Staying at BA it's probably not an issue for you but parking at the Fonatur Marina is very crowded with vehicles on both sides of the side road almost to the next circle.
Oh and the beer distributors are running tight on beer deliveries to the bars and restaurants.

Oh and the beer distributors are running tight on beer deliveries to the bars and restaurants.

OMG! What about the tequila?????

:)

Any word on the QR order to require negative test or vaccine to enter public businesses?

For all the talk abount enforcement, any change in ferry operations?

Any word on the QR order to require negative test or vaccine to enter public businesses?

For all the talk abount enforcement, any change in ferry operations?
Seems that the governor thru that out as a trail balloon suggestion and got a lot of push back so he retracted the statement several days later.
As for the ferries, no change. They have appealed to the officials (cronies?) in Mexico city to continue the corvid 19 temporary exemption that allows them to operate on opposite days $$$$$$$$
upload_2021-8-2_9-7-36.png

upload_2021-8-2_9-8-24.png

Does anyone know if there is more or less of the virus on the island than in May? My peeps are all vaccinated but there seems to be a significant probability that the delta variant can cause mild or symptom-free infections in vaccinated persons. A concern is the negative test requirement for re-entry into the US.

More, the official statistics are not being trusted by anyone I have spoken to. I haven't met any unvaccinated tourists in Cozumel nor have I heard of any 'break thru' cases that have prevented Cozumel tourists from flying home. I am sure it is different with the younger party croud on the mainland.

Does anyone know if there is more or less of the virus on the island than in May? My peeps are all vaccinated but there seems to be a significant probability that the delta variant can cause mild or symptom-free infections in vaccinated persons. A concern is the negative test requirement for re-entry into the US.

The only "data" I can find for Cozumel is from tourist sites promoting travel (and claiming that 65% of adults have been vaccinated). For Quintana Roo, the 14 day trend is +16% (which puts them at 27 cases per 100,000 which is low compared to most of Mexico and most of the U.S).

The only "data" I can find for Cozumel is from tourist sites promoting travel (and claiming that 65% of adults have been vaccinated). For Quintana Roo, the 14 day trend is +16% (which puts them at 27 cases per 100,000 which is low compared to most of Mexico and most of the U.S).
I would suggest that the official figures are really low.

Back
Top Bottom