Cozumel airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you exit the door after customs make a right and walk past them to the last booth on your left.

Turn right after customs, and then it's actually the last booth on your right.

George is right. After you come out of the customs glass doors, you take a right and the shuttle desk is the last on your LEFT. Almost right in front of the Margaritaville stand outside.

After you come out of the customs glass doors, you take a right and the shuttle desk is the last on your LEFT.
I think that there are now, one on the left and one on the right.

Is there an ATM at the airport?
There are 3-4 bank BANK ATM's (not the Cashola scam machines) . There used to be a hallway between the arrival area and the departure counter area, its been closed to create space for more offices. You need to leave the building from the arrival area exit and walk over to the departure / airline counter entrance and go in, the ATM's are to the left near the restrooms (like who needs an ATM on the way out of town? I think they kept them on that side to not compete with the arrival Cambio, at around 6-8% there is a lot of money to be made off the arriving tourists). As stated by @mediumone do not accept any offered conversion rate (its a scam the banks learned from their European banker friends) the ATM gets a flat fee to dispense money (Banamex is my prefered at about $32MXN) and your bank has to pay them back. The exchange rate is controlled by your home bank, if excessive it ott to tell you something, if it clips you here its probably clipping you elsewhere. I like Schwab (and have heard Fidelity and a few others are just as good) close to full bank FOREX rates and they pick up the ATM fees.

Is there an ATM at the airport?

Also dollar ATMs downtown, @ VillaBlanca and at the shopping ctr next to Park Royal. I would not recommend using any that are isolated. or off the beaten path

A dollar ATM??
In Mexico??
They exist. I don't see the point. Some things are booked in USD but can be paid in MXN or thru Zelle, etc.

They exist. I don't see the point. Some things are booked in USD but can be paid in MXN or thru Zelle, etc.

Oh, I know they exist.
Not really my point.
In addition to my point, I'd trust them about as far as I could throw them, (along with a Cashola ATM).
I don't have any evidence to support my mistrust of them here on the island, but I do have documentation of some nasty surprises when they were used in Playa.

Oh, I know they exist.
Not really my point.
In addition to my point, I'd trust them about as far as I could throw them, (along with a Cashola ATM).
I don't have any evidence to support my mistrust of them here on the island, but I do have documentation of some nasty surprises when they were used in Playa.
At the very least lets just say the exchange rate will not be favorable.

There are likely plenty of tourists (cruisers) that just don't want to deal with the math or go home with pesos. Those machines are near the ports from what I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom