Cozumel airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't been there in a couple of years but last time we walked out to the roundabout and were in a cab right away. We were staying by the Palancar pier. The whole trip, including a stop at the grocery store wasn't very much money.

Not sure which is the "new" one or the "old" one, but the "old" one has always been and still is (as of last Friday) the last on the left, next to an exit door.
How crowded were the shuttles? Was everyone masked?

Last week, I was in a shared van, 16 people masked. Two months ago, I was in a small sedan with just my buddy and driver (everyone masked) -- just lucky with the timing.

You can also explicitly book a non-shared transport at a slightly higher rate.

walk across the street to the taco stand. lots of cheap taxis there.
As has been discussed many times in here, that won't work for a lot of people (myself included), and the local authorities occasionally stop taxis from picking up new arrivers out there. BTW, it's a bit over 200 yards from the airport doors to the traffic circle.

BTW, it's a bit over 200 yards from the airport doors to the traffic circle.
On a bad day, I'd hate that without bags. A recent steroid shot to that knee helped a lot, but I have always traveled with too much gear to try that.

How crowded were the shuttles? Was everyone masked?

Me and my gf shared a shuttle with one other guy. They would have put more in as we waited 5-10 minutes before they ran out of customers and proceeded to go. We all had masks on in the shuttle.

Also, every single taxi driver has been masked.

Arrival forms.

I have not seen an Immigration form on an AA flight since late last summer and the customs forms are sporadic and typically they are only the Spanish versions. I am told is Mexico is no longer sending them to the airlines, whether this is temporary or permanent I am not sure. I suspect this is true for the other airlines as well, once the on hand inventory is used, they are out until (if) Mexico resumes shipments. What is occurring is that after arrival they are handing out the immigration forms in the immigration line and then folks are struggling to fill them out without adequate tables, it can cause a backed up mess at times. Spanish version of the customs form (haven’t seen any English versions since pre-Covid) are on a stack next to the baggage carrousel.

You can fill out the immigration form online (one for each person) @ Mexico Tourist Card This will save most people a lot of frustration and can be filled out up to 30 days prior to travel and printed out.

I am not aware of an online customs form but attached is a side by side copy of the English and Spanish versions of the form to aid in filling out the Spanish version (For persons, like myself, who are language challenged). Only one customs form is required per family.

Attachments

• Mexico Customs Declaration.pdf
    7.8 MB · Views: 396
They were passed out before our arrival this last Wednesday, 3/31/21.
However, they did not have any customs forms.
Well that's good to know, up to a couple weeks back I was told they still didn't have any. Hopefully Mexico provided a new supply as opposed to someone cleaning out a closet in DFW and finding a forgotten case of them.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom