Cozumel airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Cozumel last week. The shared shuttle everyone is talking about is called CozuShuttle. Even though it's a shared shuttle, passenger traffic is still way down and I shared it with one other gentleman. They have fixed pricing in dollars or pesos based on the zone number of your hotel and it's posted in the booth. It's super easy. As others said, don't stop for the gawkers because they are scammers. Go past customs and the booth is easy to see. Once you purchase your ticket, head out the door and go left and there will be drivers waiting.

As for taxis, I posted an inquiry here on the forum for taxi rate information because I have been ripped off previously by taxi drivers. No one had the info, so I got ahold of the taxi rates from a taxi driver. They are unchanged since 2016. I'm uploading two pictures of the rate sheets, so I hope they get attached with this post.

You will want to pay in pesos because the taxi driver can tell you any price he/she wants to in USD. For instance, one of my rides was quoted as $5 USD. When I asked the price in pesos, he said 75 pesos. Well, 75 pesos is about $3.63 USD, or a 27% increase.

Attachments

• 20210313_164311.jpg
    20210313_164311.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20210313_164413.jpg
    20210313_164413.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 109
I was in Cozumel last week. The shared shuttle everyone is talking about is called CozuShuttle. Even though it's a shared shuttle, passenger traffic is still way down and I shared it with one other gentleman. They have fixed pricing in dollars or pesos based on the zone number of your hotel and it's posted in the booth. It's super easy. As others said, don't stop for the gawkers because they are scammers. Go past customs and the booth is easy to see. Once you purchase your ticket, head out the door and go left and there will be drivers waiting.

As for taxis, I posted an inquiry here on the forum for taxi rate information because I have been ripped off previously by taxi drivers. No one had the info, so I got ahold of the taxi rates from a taxi driver. They are unchanged since 2016. I'm uploading two pictures of the rate sheets, so I hope they get attached with this post.

You will want to pay in pesos because the taxi driver can tell you any price he/she wants to in USD. For instance, one of my rides was quoted as $5 USD. When I asked the price in pesos, he said 75 pesos. Well, 75 pesos is about $3.63 USD, or a 27% increase.

Thank you so much, that's very helpful!

Hello Everyone ! Just to let you know the "Arrival and Departure" Sticky is going to be updated in April. But, for now, the information regarding transportation from and to the airport, as well as what to expect as you process from check in and out to the shuttle vans still applies. My plan is to update after my April arrival, however, if anyone has any input prior to that time please let me know.

Best Regards to all and Happy Diving
Double S

Turn right after customs, and then it's actually the last booth on your right. The door to the outside is directly opposite to the left. Just avoid anyone standing in the hallway and you'll be fine. The shuttle person is seated behind a glass screen.
If that is true then they moved it since I was there last in May of 2019, which is of course feasible, or we may be saying the same thing and it may be just a question of orientation. When I was there last and for many years before it was on my left after I had turned right after coming out of Customs, which is to say when I was standing at the window facing it I was facing the same direction as I would be if I were going out the door to the shuttles. If I were to come straight out of Customs without turning right and headed for the door to the shuttles, the booth would be on my right.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left. ;^)

If that is true then they moved it since I was there last in May of 2019, which is of course feasible, or we may be saying the same thing and it may be just a question of orientation. When I was there last and for many years before it was on my left after I had turned right after coming out of Customs, which is to say when I was standing at the window facing it I was facing the same direction as I would be if I were going out the door to the shuttles.
It's been over a year since I was there as well, but for years I took a right out of Customs, then went to the last booth on the left. Maybe he used the new company?
When I was there in October, I think there were two van services (different than my earlier trips). They were on opposite sides of the hallway at the end just before exiting to the outside. We went to the one on the left/outside wall of the airport.

Luckily, it's a small area, so you can't get lost, unless, of course, you've had one too many cocktails in that first class cabin :wink:

Yes, I imagine things do change over time. I went through about 5 days ago. When waiting in line, my back was to the exit door. I didn't notice anything on that left/outside wall, but that could just be my memory.

OP is probably arriving any moment, so I think the "avoid anyone standing" will get them through just fine.

2 shuttle companies now, booths are across from each other, TURN Right out of customs door and last booth on left or right.

Not sure which is the "new" one or the "old" one, but the "old" one has always been and still is (as of last Friday) the last on the left, next to an exit door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom