Cozumel Accommodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funkyspelunker:
Hey All, I was wondering if any of you who've been to Cozumel know of any good places to stay. Is it better to stay at a dive resort, or find your own hotel and dive operator individually?

It is all a matter of preference. Do you want to stay in town, north of town, or south of town. Or way south of town.

North of town not many dive ops will pick you up at hotel pier.
In town no beach but close to all restuarants and night life.
South of town from Plaza Las glorias south most dive ops will pick up at hotel piers. Beach area, usually. short walk or taxi ride to town
Way south of town closer to the reefs shorter boat ride, but if you go to town daily taxis can get expensive approx 20 bucks to town.
What are you looking for? Lots of choices.
This may get a better response in the Mexico section under Cozumel.

If you will use the search function you will find many discussions on this very topic. You might also ask that this thread be moved to Cozumel section of MX so you will get more responses.

Oh, I probably would like to stay in town where more of the action is nightlife-wise. As long as it doesn't hamper my diving experience (ie. the diveops are willing to pick me up there). How do I ask for this thread to be moved?

funkyspelunker:
Oh, I probably would like to stay in town where more of the action is nightlife-wise. As long as it doesn't hamper my diving experience (ie. the diveops are willing to pick me up there). How do I ask for this thread to be moved?

this thread has been moved so you should get more responses now.

There are a lot of downtown hotels depends on your budget.
Casa Mexicana, Bahia, Vista Del Mar to name a few.

funkyspelunker:

South of town but close is a good compromise. There's notta lotta night life on Cozumel, and getting to and from the water with your gear can be a pain if you stay in town. The hotel formerly known as Brisas, Scuba Club Cozumel, Plaza las Glorias, Caribe Blu, and Villablanca are all reasonably priced, are a cheap cab ride from the eateries and drinkeries town, and have their own docks where the dive boats pick you up.

The hotels that I have used and meet what appears to be your criteria would be Casa Mexicana and Plaza las Glorias. Both reasonably priced, nice place, convenient locations, and easy access to docks where the dive ops will pick you up

Rich Hagelin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom