Coz or Grand Cay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
Hi,
My dad and I have been looking for a dive vacation for some time now and we have settled apon a choice of two destinations. Coz or Grand Cay. I am 15 and my dad is well..... my dad and we are both open water divers. I am nitrox tho. We both have never seen more then 10 ft vis and we have never been in the ocean or currents. Right now we are leaning towards Coz, but I have herd that it can be deep there. Is this true? Both of us don't really want to go below 90-100ft. My uncle reciently went there and did a 90ft reef wall dive and that is about as far as we want to go.
Does coz have shallower places to go along with shore diving or would the grand cayman be better for shallower water. The coz trip is around 1000$ per person along with around 90$ of diving a day. Or the grand cayman is 1800$ per person with 80$ of diving a day.

would u say: Coz or Grand Cay?
Thx
Tekkie

They are both awesome, but after reading of MHK's recent experience with American Airlines, GC has been scratched from my "to visit" list until Continental or Alaskan decide to offer service.

I'm not sure if MHK posted his trip report here, but AA cost him a LOT of money through no fault of his own. He did post it on rec.scuba and http://www.scubadivernet.com

I agree with Rick. Go to Cozumel. Cheaper, nicer, all around more enjoyable in my opinion. You can also hope to Belize or Honduras really really cheap too from there.

I think were going to go with Coz. Mainly for price and the drift diving. Ill just have to remember to pick up a safety susage before I go.
Tekkie

Continental goes to Cayman out of Houston.

RichLockyer once bubbled...
They are both awesome, but after reading of MHK's recent experience with American Airlines, GC has been scratched from my "to visit" list until Continental or Alaskan decide to offer service.

You can stay a week in Gand Cayman at the Royal Reef Resort and dive Ocean Fontiers for just under $1000 per person and have a huge suite. Food and drink once you get there is another subject.

Look for a package deal with OF and the RRR.

Diving with OF is a big plus. Just ask MHK and he can tell you just about anything you need to know about this top notch outfit.

Tekkie once bubbled...
Hi,
My dad and I have been looking for a dive vacation for some time now and we have settled apon a choice of two destinations. Coz or Grand Cay. I am 15 and my dad is well..... my dad and we are both open water divers. I am nitrox tho. We both have never seen more then 10 ft vis and we have never been in the ocean or currents. Right now we are leaning towards Coz, but I have herd that it can be deep there. Is this true? Both of us don't really want to go below 90-100ft. My uncle reciently went there and did a 90ft reef wall dive and that is about as far as we want to go.
Does coz have shallower places to go along with shore diving or would the grand cayman be better for shallower water. The coz trip is around 1000$ per person along with around 90$ of diving a day. Or the grand cayman is 1800$ per person with 80$ of diving a day.

would u say: Coz or Grand Cay?
Thx
Tekkie

No question that I would go to Cayman.

As people have said, you can find bargains that will not break your bank.

Great restaurants, quiet, classy island. No hordes of drunken Coz Commandos.

I'm not sure about the West Coast coverage, but I fly USAir to Cayman. You'll probably use the Charlotte hub.

Back
Top Bottom