coz liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clementyn

Reaction score
hi,

there doesn't seem to be any obvious info out there on a liveaboard in coz. seems odd to me given the rave reviews on the diving and the fact that most posts refer to the fact that most everything worth diving takes a boat to reach.

just curious if anyone knows if there is a smaller op out there doing it that i haven't hit on yet with searches?? or another reason (regulations?) why no one has set up an op down there??

thanks,
lorien

I think all the popular diving there is too close to the island to warrant spending the night at sea.

A livaboard would not make sense here. The reef is a barrier reef, so all of the sites are one next to another. The longest boat ride is less than an hour. Most sites are within 15 to 20 minutes from the shore, depending on where you are staying. Liveabards are designed for diving more remote areas or to cover a big area where traveling to shore and back each day is not always an option.

Ron Brandt:
I think it might be fun as an alturnative to a hotel package.

Ron

i agree with you. i have done the hotel thing, a group of us rented a house and also the liveaboard and to me the liveaboard is the most fun. i enjoy being on the water.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom