Coz in January was great!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spthomas

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well, I just got back from a very quick trip to Cozumel. And as usual it was great! My first time in over 40 Coz dives to be there in January. It was a little cold after 45 minutes or so, water temp about 78. I was wearing a 3mm shorty, but it was ok till we surfaced to 3-4ft seas. A bit cold, rainy, windy on the way back in. Vis was 100' or so, even with the overcast.

Dove with Aldora, and as usual it was great! They set up my gear, had it all ready for me (I like that; on multi-day dive trips, They provide a bag and I put all the gear in it. They clean it and have it set up for me every day). They use DIN fittings with 120 steel tanks, so at that higher pressure and large capacity we get a lot of bottom time. Add in the fact that EVERYONE uses a computer, the limiting factor, as usual, is physiology, not air.

Anyway, very rough on coming up, my first real storm in Coz. The boat had a side drop-down door, so getting in was easier than over a transom or over the side. And on coming up they provided fleece lined parkas, another first for me, being cold in Coz! But the parka, even wet, was nice.

Overall, another great day in paradise! :new_olymp

=Steve=

Steve

Glad you had a great time. Who was your DM? Bill? Where did you dive? Bottom times? Going back in May.

Sounds like you had a nice time, what dates were you there? I just got back on this past Friday 1/30 from spending 8 days out there and dove with Del Mar Aquatics while on the Cozy Singles Trip that WW put together.

Had about 26 people from all over out there and had a blast!!! Actually we all stayed over at Casa Del Mar which turned out to be a pretty nice place (nothing fancy) but then again we didn't spend that much time hanging around the hotel anyways.

Sham_ba_la

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom