Covid Test for Travel?(Hawaii)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live on Oahu and just came back from a trip to PA. I also flew on United. I went with CVS because it was listed as a Hawaii "trusted partner" It took 48 hrs to get my results. Make sure you read everything carefully... then read it again. It is a confusing process. You need to download the Hawaii safe travels app. When you get your test results from CVS, you download them into the app. The app generates a QR code, (which gets emailed to you) which is what you have to show to the United rep BEFORE you leave on your last leg for Hawaii. The United rep gives you a wristband that they will check for when you get off the plane in Hawaii. As long as you have the wristband, it's business as usual. Important to note - I believe the Hawaii safe travels website says you have to have your results before you leave on your final leg or you cannot bypass quarantine. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that's encouraging, as long as we can figure out the downloading the results into the Hawaii Safe travel app...lol.

Oh, did it take long to get through the airport in Oahu ? Someone told me they know someone who said it took them 2 hours in line to get through the airport for the covid check? They did not know if they had a wristband though. I did read something on the United site about getting the wristband, hopefully that bypasses the line? Thanks!

Yes - If you have the wristband, you bypass the COVID screening line and go directly to baggage claim. When getting off the plane in Honolulu, they will ask to see your wristband - they direct people without wristbands to the screening line and those with wristbands go straight to baggage claim.

Yes - If you have the wristband, you bypass the COVID screening line and go directly to baggage claim. When getting off the plane in Honolulu, they will ask to see your wristband - they direct people without wristbands to the screening line and those with wristbands go straight to baggage claim.
But your hotel will still check the online website. The status must state cleared from quarantine. Once results are uploaded to the Hawaii website, you are not done. It has to be monitored to state that results are verified and that one is clear from quarantine.

There may be a local clinic that is on Hawaii's trusted list. I went to a local Affordable Family Care for my test. I had my results within 30 minutes. I just to had to wait in line early in the morning because they only offer X amount of COVID tests per day. Worked the last 2 times I went home to see my family on Oahu. Follow the directions on Hawaii's safe travels website and you'll be fine.

Update: Wow, everything went smooth as can be! We went for our covid test Sunday morning and received our negative results Monday afternoon! Pretty fast! Uploaded-them to the Hawaii web site with no problem. Tuesday morning fill out the Hawaii questioner and had our QR code ten minutes later. At the airport was just as easy getting the wristbands! Sitting at the gate ready for a drink! Thanks for all the comments!

Back
Top Bottom