Couples Swept Away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve1962

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to swept away in a couple of weeks, how's the diving there?? girlfriend is a non-diver.

It's located in Negril. When I went, the diving wasn't bad.

We stayed at Couples Negril, which is near Couples Swept Away.

Coral live was very good. not huge coral formations, but nice and colorful.

Fish life was decent. It's surely not as good as some protected areas like the Keys.
visibility was Excellent. I'd rate it at a 10+. You could look over the side of the boat in 60-85ft of water and see the bottom.

The Couples boats were Newton 30 or 35's. Nice Dive boats. They did a 1 tank in the afternoon and a 1 tank in the morning. all dives were 65ft or less. All gear and tanks/fills included in price. A night dive was scheduled at some point during the week. It was a $35-$45 fee I think. Saturday they did a two tank dive in the morning, one deep (95ft) , one shallow, and no dives in the afternoon. no dives on Sunday.

Dives didn't start until about 9am or 9:30am, so you could go enjoy a good breakfast, go to the boat, and then be back on shore about 11am to hang out on the beach and eat lunch. Then 2nd dive was about 1pm or 1:30pm.

It was definitely 'resort diving" but was also very relaxing.

The gear was Sherwood regs and poodle jackets. I had no problems with their gear. Fins were foot pocket. (no booties). el-cheapo masks. AL80 tanks. I don't know if they've changed brands since I've been there.

I saw this thread title and expected to read about multiple couples swept away from a dive site/boat :doh:

I've dived around Negril for several years and love it for easy, pleasant diving. It's very good for beginning divers yet has interesting dives for the more experienced. If you want high thrills and adventure, head up into the hills.

The water will be 84*F or higher and very clear. I'm sure they'll keep the diving easy and show you some very pretty reefs. The fish life is a bit sparse and toward the small size so slow down and look at all the little stuff... arrowline crabs, brittle starfish, cleaner shrimp, etc. For a really pretty reef ask about The Arches. For large coral mounds and deeper water ask about Bloody Bay Deep and the Deep Airplane. For a deep reef ask about Mike's Reef, but I'm not sure they even dive there.

Relax, slow down to island time, and have fun. Everyting Irie, mon!

Back
Top Bottom