Couple of newbie questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctock993

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks to everyone's help to find the on-line manual I'm really enjoying playing with this new computer! The little ding in the face crystal is still bothering me, especially as I didn't put it there (I may try the screen-protector to see if that hides it), but I can't wait to actually dive with it! :D

Everything seems to be working perfectly- set-up is SO easy and the menu format is completely intuitive, but I'm noticing a few oddities:

- Sometimes the unit, especially if it has been sitting unused for a while will not turn on with the u/d: l/r switches. I either have to shake the unit, or try the slides in all sorts of directions before it will finally turn on, then it gives me the green "Resuming" screen. After that initial difficulty, the unit turns on normally with the on/off beep heard, and the blue startup screen.

- When synching via a MacBook, connections will not occur unless I have the myuemis page already open. Sometimes the option to "synchronise" is not dark-type. Sometimes even if it is, and is chosen, nothing happens.

Hey Doc.... I have mine configured the same... transmitter on right HP port, SDA on left wrist, I haven't noticed any signal issues.

I tried the DIR/GUE way of wearing it on my right but as I'm right handed, operating the unit whilst diving is much easier using my right hand!

Keep going with wearing it on the right wrist.

I very rarely have to use the buttons during a dive and even when I do it's not a issue really. Most often its 1 slide to acknowledge the 30 mins runtime has passed and the 100bar pressure has been passed (my settings)

The pay off of persevering is that you can keep watching your ascent rate on your right arm while adjusting buoyancy via bum dump or inflator with your left hand - this is impossible with the computer on your left wrist.

Safer this way IMHO.

Bizarrely I never thought of that!!!!! it isn't impossible as I have done it but it is awkward (my last computer was a console mounted Suunto Cobra so never had the issue) back on the right wrist it goes :wink:

Thanks BB1 :cool3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom