couple of accidents in the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the link... interesting dilemma for the rescuers who brought the victim up... do you bring someone up in trouble so fast with disregard for your own deco requirements and endanger yourself in the hopes of giving that victim a chance... tough decision...

pakman:
thanks for the link... interesting dilemma for the rescuers who brought the victim up... do you bring someone up in trouble so fast with disregard for your own deco requirements and endanger yourself in the hopes of giving that victim a chance... tough decision...

Safety is always #1 regardless, such like in medic training they teach you before you go to a scene is "the scene safe?" then BSI then go in . Some rescue divers do go above and beyond and alot find out the hardway, the only time I would go beyond my limit is if it's a good friend of mine or a child.

Always descending,
c.h.

ah. i was at work (in a bar) and it was my last day before flying out to san jose when i saw something about this on the news. we have plasma screens showing sky news i think it is in the bar but no sound so i never really knew what was happening just saw stoney cove and accident. Thanks for the fill in!

Knight:
Safety is always #1 regardless, such like in medic training they teach you before you go to a scene is "the scene safe?" then BSI then go in .
What does BSI stand for?

Willie

wet-willie:
What does BSI stand for?

Willie

BSI stands for "body substance isolation" in the rescue business.

Always descending,
c.h.

Back
Top Bottom