Could use some help planning my "first" dive trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lilkittydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've been diving before, obviously, but lovely young me is graduating, and planning my first dive trip not with my certifying dive shop. I will have 3 others with me, but only 1 other certified. The other two will be snorkeling. I'm looking at Crystal River, in Florida. Any pointers, tips? If you guys could help me figure out roughly what it would cost for us 4, and then dividing it between us to make it even. Doesn't matter really what hotel you "pick out." We would room in the same room, so that helps. So.. Anything you guys can help me with? :eyebrow:

Key largo or key west. Plenty of boats that do both snorkelers and divers on the same trip. Plenty of stuff to do outside of the water as well (especially KW).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Look up American pro diving in Crystal river another high recommendation given to me was dive with bird he is a local with a large amount of experience. I am not sure of your dates but for the sake of the non divers you might want to wait untill scallop season it is lots of fun. It starts July first.
For bird website
Bird's Underwater Manatee Tours - BOOK ONLINE!
for americanpro
Swim with manatees tour in Crystal River FL
for info on scallop season in that area
Scalloping Crystal River Trips Charters

there are other things besides manatee tours I highly recommend rainbow river but I suggest new divers avoid kings springs.

Back
Top Bottom