Could Someone Helps Me to Get 8" & 10" Stainless Steel Spring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldpeanut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I dive with both dry suit in cold water and wet suit in warm water. I am considering to retrofit my fins with stainless steel spring strap. I already have all the parts for the spring strap except the 10" spring for the dry suit diving and 8" spring for the wet suit diving.

Any help to get the spring will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Terry

Try McMaster-Carr, it's where I get my springs from.

I use the type 302 Stainless Steel Extension Springs with loop ends: Linky

for 11" long springs, I use part number 3932K54. If I was looking for something 8" long, I'd use the same wire gauge (0.062") and spring diameter (0.5"), so that would be part number 94135K43.

All the best, James

I would have said heck McMaster Carr, James there hooked you up!

Me Too! Thanks Peter and Fdog! Oldpeanut, you are getting a better deal I'm sure. I picked up some XS universal spring strap posts from Peter during a swap meet, but missing the springs and a couple of the small nut and bolt assembly, a couple of months ago. Converting my fin straps to spring straps is also costing me a bottle of wine (was a fun swap meet :) ) which I still need to get to Peter for the posts thanks again Peter.

Converting my fin straps to spring straps is also costing me a bottle of wine
Hey now, you offered the wine remember? Plus the bottle got drunk at the last party before we even got to taste it LOL It has been a while since we tried the wine you make.

See you in a couple weeks!

Suppose that has to do with the liquidity in our method of barter, wine being much more liquid than cash is. How about a dozen eggs from my chickens? Should be receiving the springs in a couple days. I purchased the stainless steel nuts and 1 1/2 inch 6x32 bolts from Friedman Bros are slightly larger in diameter and the posts are going to need to be drilled slightly larger. Mc Master Carr only sells them bulk by the 100's.

Finally received my spring straps!, just for an update, not only did Oldpeanut get a better deal with his spring straps, he probably received them much quicker as well. I think they have been drinking some of my wine over there at UPS. Here is the route that my spring straps took, from McMaster Carr in New Jersey, to here in California.

Petaluma, CA, United States 03/08/2012 11:13 A.M. Delivered
03/08/2012 5:36 A.M. Out For Delivery
03/08/2012 12:53 A.M. Arrival Scan
San Pablo, CA, United States 03/07/2012 9:44 P.M. Departure Scan
03/07/2012 8:26 A.M. Arrival Scan
Chelmsford, MA, United States 03/02/2012 11:53 P.M. Departure Scan
Chelmsford, MA, United States 03/01/2012 3:42 A.M. Arrival Scan
San Pablo, CA, United States 02/25/2012 4:14 A.M. Departure Scan
Secaucus, NJ, United States 02/20/2012 11:17 P.M. Arrival Scan
Hamilton, NJ, United States 02/20/2012 9:20 P.M. Departure Scan
02/20/2012 8:31 P.M. Origin Scan
02/20/2012 8:17 P.M. The apartment number is missing or is incorrect. UPS is attempting to obtain this information. / The address has been corrected. The delivery has been rescheduled.
United States 02/20/2012 7:36 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom