Costs in Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

busydiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading to PG in mid January for 8 days and wanted to get a range of meal costs? I am figuring bfast, lunch and dinner each day guessing this will be around around 1000 pesos....give or take based on what I eat. This is not exact just trying to get a range. Thanks.

I'm assuming that by "PG", you mean you will be staying at Sabang Beach. 1,000/day would be a reasonable budget... Averaging 300-400 a meal (per person) is certainly going to keep you generally well fed even if you include a bottle or two of the local brew. A bottle of wine and/or imported drinks will quickly eat away at your budget. :D On the other hand, there are vendors and small "local" hang-outs where you can get a meal for much cheaper. I can suggest a few places... Capt'n Gregg's (big portions!! Wash it down with a Gin Juice or two or three :eyebrow:), El Galleon (excellent food and arguably the best mashed potatoes on the beach... located on the quiet end of Sabang) Tamarind (also excellent food), Small Shot (very inexpensive... good for pancit and noodle soup), Syntrus (free shoulder and neck massage while you wait :cool2:), or the Deli (can't remember the name now, but it's next to Rock's Cafe and they make a good sandwich or hotdog for a quick lunch). There are also plenty of sidewalk vendors selling burgers, BBQ-meat-on-a-stick, and other snacks to hold you over.

Others might reply with some nasty experiences at the places I've mentioned, and even I have had some less than memorable meals at them. However, on the whole, I don't hesitate in recommending any of them.

Hope it helps...

Schaffld, when you say bbq meat on a stick, are we talking about isaw here? That'd be great!

P1000 should definitely be fine. Meals around sabang will range from P120-P300.

For way cheaper, you can try cook your own food or get non-parishable foods (tuna and crackers is a favourite :D) from the general store. If you also head into the town proper the food there is a bit cheaper than on the beaches, but is 30 mins away by jeep. hope that helps.

Also try Big Apple. You can really cheap breakfast on Sabang Beach. I just loved "Tap-Si-Log" (sorry guys for ruining the pinoy language:depressed:) and it would run me 75 pesos for breakfast and last me till lunch! Another favorite lunch of mine was the street vendors. lots of good stuff, like curry fish, fried eggplant. Also, run into a Sari store, buy a can of Tuna, and some steamed rice from a vendor. Instant lunch for really cheap. And of course, who can resist Skyflakes.... They are the worlds most addictive cracker! I lived off of them while I was there...

There is a very good, and reasonable restaurant in small Lalaguna. I beleive it's called half-moon cafe (not 100% sure). The chef was very very good for reasonable prices, and also very nice!

Basically, if you scrounge, you can really eat for cheap. But at 1000 pesos per day you should be eating decently!

Oh, and don,t miss Baboy roasted on the beach while you're there! Really tasty!

Cpt Greggs for the best food; 300p+
Local places 80p-120p for the great food

loved the place left of Cpt greggs near the beach and especially Small shot Rice (or something like that) That one is in some place that looks like a closed appartment complex but is actaully inhabit by locals. It's near the place where tricycles wait for customers.

Of course you do your diving at dive dojo :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom