Costa Rica Water Temp...COLD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebuddy68

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, just got back. Just wanted to let you guys know that the water temp was a chilly 65 degrees at 60 feet. Max was 72 at the surface. Glad I had my new 5/7 semi-dry. There were a few people diving in skins and they were freezing.

divebuddy68:
Hey, just got back. Just wanted to let you guys know that the water temp was a chilly 65 degrees at 60 feet. Max was 72 at the surface. Glad I had my new 5/7 semi-dry. There were a few people diving in skins and they were freezing.
How was the diving and where did you go? What dive company? I'm going May 11, hope it's a little warmer!! :dazzler1:

tracydr:
How was the diving and where did you go? What dive company? I'm going May 11, hope it's a little warmer!! :dazzler1:

I dove with Ocotal. I'm going to qualify my comments by saying that I did not make it out to Catalina Islands. The seas were rough and I did not want to sit on a boat for 3 hours each way. I only dove local so my experience may be way different from others. That said... Did not like the diving in CR. Marine life was okay but I think there are so many better choices in the same price range. For the same money you can have better vis, wamer water, more diversified marine life and coral.

However, if you want to do some diving and a bunch of land based activities, Costa Rica is great.

I think the fact that people would love diving in CR depends only of what kind of diving you're looking for...For me I liked it a lot but I took a lot of info before trying CR so I knew what to expect. The main attraction in diving CR is marine life, Catalina island (Dec. and Jan.) and Bat Island (March through November)....for the rest like coral and vis you have to go somewhere else...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom