Costa Rica, Guanacaste in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrybosome

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

A friend of mine just won a trip to Guanacaste (Westin Playa Concha) in July and is getting OW certified for it. Do you guys have any intelligence about the diving and dive ops in that area? I know nothing about the area.

Thanks!

W

My wife and I like Costa Rica Diving in Flamingo, Harald and Barbara are quite unique.

the last weekend in flamingo

[video]http://youtu.be/cBT-gjI4NQM[/video]

I've done @ 20 dives in Costa Rica over the past few years (including getting my Open & Advanced certs), and my favorite place was in Playas del Coco! The name of my dive shop was Summer-Salt, and the owners, Patrick and his wife Sandra are fantastic!! I was there (in Coco) for a little less than a month traveling by myself, and they took me to a ton of different sites and really made my experience one I'll never forget!

As for sites in that area, I remember Monkey Head being good, and the Bat Islands...also Catalinas, I think. Anyway, have fun! Definitely check out Summer-Salt if you're in the area!

Pura Vida! :)

Back
Top Bottom