Costa-Rica Barceló Playa Langosta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MGW1979

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, my girlfriend and I thinking of heading down to this resort at the end of April with another couple. Because of the great deals, we'll more than likely be doing an all-inclusive trip. Has anyone stayed at this resort before, and more importantly, gone diving around here?

The resort is near Tamarindo, not sure where exactly... I'm hoping to do 10 dives in total, she'll probably do a couple less. Are there dive shops in the area that will pick us up at the resort? Is there good diving in the area? Any recommendations?

Thanks, Marek

My wife and I stayed at the Barcelo a couple of years ago on our first visit to Costa Rica. We were there for 8 days in late September and it rained 5 out of the eight days. :( There was a little activity hut at the hotel and I am sure there might be some dive operation out of Tamarindo which is the closest town. The hotel is ok and when the sun was out we had the pool to ourselves. The hotel has a little desk by the front desk with internet access. The beach behind the hotel is volcanic rock. When the tide is low you can walk into Tamarindo by the beach. I wish I could comment on the diving but by gear never got out of my bag. We did do a zip line in the pouring rain and visited a volcano and hot springs(this alone was worth the trip). We found the roads to be very rough, bordering on bone jarring. But we had a great time like we do wherever we go. Enjoy!

I have been to Tamarindo many times. I love it there, hope to by a retirement condo there in about 15 years or so. I did not start diving until recently so I cannot comment on diving there. I did find a link to a dive shop in tamarindo (See Tamarindo Beach, Costa Rica Information). The link to the site is: Agua Rica Diving Center, Tamarindo Beach, Costa Rica . I have not stayed at the Barcelo Playa Langosta hotel but the beach is nice. It is especially nice using the adjacent estuary as a lazy river ride. Great body boarding right off the hotel where the estuary exits (especially aproaching low tide). Lots and Lots of excellent resaurants in Tamarindo as well.

Rob S.

Back
Top Bottom