Costa Maya Diving with Blue Ha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Well here it is....my thoughts on diving with Blue Ha. But first, some background. My girlfriend and I were certified on 12/10/04 at Lake Travis, Tx. Water temperatures were near 65, with viz hovering near 3-4. On 01/09/05, we departed on a Cruise that was supposed to go to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Grand Cayman was going to be our first ocean dive, only going to about 15 feet to swim with stingrays. Grand Cayman was unfortunately cancelled due to damage from Hurricane Ivan, so we we went to Costa Maya instead. I hurriedly put together a dive with Blue Ha diving in Mahahual, which is the village near the port of Costa Maya. I had heard good things about Blue Ha here on SB and also over on Cruise Critic board. Upon arrival at the Blue Ha office, I was a little worried about the appearance, being my first dive outside civilization. I was greeted by Tanya and Jono (owners) and immediately my fears melted away. They were extremely helpful and explained their operation. The DM (Damien) was great at helping us get organized for the dives. Our first dive was a very moving experience for me. As I descended the coral began to appear out of the blue. There were several swim throughs and canyons. This was all quite a change from the murky green of Lake Travis. Visibility was near 80ft and water temp was near 78 degrees. Sorry for the long review, but I just wanted to put in my good word for Tanya and Jono at Blue Ha. They're Great...if anybody had any specific questions, feel free to email me for pictures or anything else.

www.bluehadiving.com

Ryan

Ryan,
we took the same cruise back in oct. it was my wifes first dives outside of the comal river and clear springs. she was very excited about the viz as it was alot more than she had seen before but she was a bit dissappointed in that there was not a lot of fish on the 2 reefs we went to. i am glad to see that they got some help because when we were there it was just tanya and jono but there were only 5 divers to keep up with.

Back
Top Bottom