Costa Brava, mid-Sept.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chavodel8en

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be visiting the Costa Brava, in Catalonia, Sept 16-19, with non-diving friends.

Do dive operators go out on weekdays generally? My plan is to sneak away each morning for dives.

Also, we're choosing between: Tossa de Mar, Palamos, L'Escala & Roses. Any recommendations for best diving? (I know L'Estartit probably has the best diving, but I don't think it will work for us).

Finally, I'm fairly cold tolerant, Im wondering if I could manage in a 3/2 mm fullsuit, no hood.

Thanks for any input you may provide.

Extra non-diving question: Google Maps says driving to Perpignan, France is 1 hour from Roses. Is crossing the Pyrenees difficult. It looks like its not that much elevation.

hi
i hope it is not to late for you, but you should give Euro-Divers Cala Joncols a chance.
they are a bit in the north of Roses.

I usualy toke my 7mm Wetsuite and a 5mm hood with me to when i was diving in Kroatia or Italy.
I cant imagine to hop in with an 3/2mm. The temperatur at 15m are under 20°C

Hello, thank you for the informaiton

We'll be staying in Roses. As I'll be within walking distance of Roses Sub, that will likely be my dive op.

And looks like only one morning of diving for me -- too much to see, not enough time.

So I wont bring my wetsuit - I was getting info on sea temps, that looked bearable, but i was likely surface temps, so your info re depth is useful.

Thanks again for the info.

Short clips & pics of a morning of diving in the Cap de Creus National Park, just north of Roses.

Dove with Roses Sub, a nice outfit. Sites are Cap Trencat & Punta Falconera.

Good dives, walls and ridges went from 5 m to 30 m. About 7 m viz. Water was ~ 70 deg F (forgot to check). Eels, fish, lobsters hidden in caves, an octopus hidden in a hole.

Have to say, the topside -- the Costa Brava -- was the most beautiful. If you're ever in the area, a boat trip from Roses to Cadaqués would be great. The town of Cadaqués was the hightlight of our trip -- we reached via land, but I imagine it would be even prettier approaching from the sea.

Facebook
Facebook
Facebook

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom