COST of shipping tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freeclimbmtb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did a decent amount of seaching around with regard to this topic and only came up with regulations for shipping tanks. I have accepted pulling the valves and taping/plugging the holes and securing the valves to the tanks.

My real question is what will it actually cost to ship a tank across the country (or a few states...just looking for a ballpark) And, which agencies will do it?

We ship cylinders for our customers, and it's not a problem. Just need to be sure that they are drained, as most carriers will not take them with any gas. We usually ship using UPS, but occasionally use the USPS. Just be prepared to pay the price. which you can determine by going to their respective websites and using their shipping calculator. All you need to know is the package weight and postal code of the destination.

We ship cylinders for our customers, and it's not a problem. Just need to be sure that they are drained, as most carriers will not take them with any gas. We usually ship using UPS, but occasionally use the USPS. Just be prepared to pay the price. which you can determine by going to their respective websites and using their shipping calculator. All you need to know is the package weight and postal code of the destination.

The package size makes a difference too, right? So, the size of your...package...matters.....

Oh well. I really set myself up for that one :no:

It's 40 - 50 bucks for a steel HP120 from Texas to Ohio. Check online for rates, it's easy to do.

Send them USPS parcel post. The cheapest way I know about. I once sent two AL 80 for $35 that way as they were under 70lbs. I sent the valves and another bottle separately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom