Question Cost of servicing of regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Initial I dove regs for 2 years sold on eBay and bought new regs and cane out better than paying for service. I really like my current regs and have had them for 6-7 years and a couple services. If they didn’t dive so well I would continue to buy/sell.

What are your current regs? Enquiring minds must know. Cheers.

After reading some posts, i am embarrased to say $250 per set, 2 sets
There is no need to buy any book to read. I did not.
Apeks is dead easy to service.
I do not think I have spent anything near US$300.00 to service my five Apeks 1st stages and six 2nd stages over last 20 yrs.

DIY. Go for it mate.

They are just atomic z2, nothing fancy but seem to breath really nice for me.

Not sure what is considered fancy. You have some very nice high performing regs. You'll find no better, different perhaps but not better.

Shoot me your email address and I'll provide you with manuals, links for tools, advice etc. it's really not that hard if you're willing to put in a little effort and assuming in daily life aren't a danger to yourself performing daily functions. Apeks are very simple.
Would you be willing to share your knowledge with me as well? I have Apeks as well

They are just atomic z2, nothing fancy but seem to breath really nice for me.

The Atomic Z2's aren't "fancy" for sure, but they are among the best regulators out there :p

They are cost efficient and fancy!

I actually meant to say they aren't fancy but they are among the best. The "fancy" regulators will be Atomic's TiX and Ti25. Z2's are awesome regulators with best performance and reliability making them the best value in their price range (and even higher price range).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom