Cost of a complete regulator set?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misstopsail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all! I had a question about regulators. How much (range is fine) should it cost me to purchase a complete regulator set? (first and second stage, octopus, gauges, but probably not a computer) I'm not looking to buy top of the line, because this will be my first.
(i've been spoiled. Got into Scuba in HS, and my physics teacher was my dive instructor, so we got to borrow his gear, then after i graduated, he'd let me use it for trips. But i figure it's time to stop borrowing his and get my own).

Thanks so much!

A lot of folks have been speaking highly of the Aqulung Titan regulator that's on sale at Leisurepro.com for about $175. They have a matching octo for $65. That merchant is real eager to please, so call them and they can probably make a package deal that will include gauges. So, you can get the good stuff for under $400.

That is the bargain of the year, and might sell out shortly.

That previously mentioned Titan is as good as the high-priced items. The idea if a "beginner" or "advanced" regulator is largely a sales myth.

Have fun with it.

Ohio means cold water so be sure to get a cold water rated set-up.

For something setting aside extraordinary bargains $550. give or take $50 is a good expectation. Packages or sales easily get you below that for a First & second, alternate second stage and a depth, pressure & compass console.

For that kind of money you can get into gear that will got the distance for 99% of all divers.

Pete

Hi Misstopsail,

I would recommend checking into the offerings at North East Scuba Supply near Norristown, Pennsylvania. They have a fabulous Dive Rite (DR) reg. deal. When I got mine there, and I got if for an even lower price in person. Also,it included a yoke adapter for the DIN connector.

Northeast Scuba Supply - Online Catalog - Regulators

They might still offer a package deal if you did decide to get a wrist computer, like the DR Nitek Duo.

Best of luck!
-Jack

Just remember that LP is NOT an authorized Aqualung dealer. Any warranty will not be covered by Aqualung.

Just remember that LP is NOT an authorized Aqualung dealer. Any warranty will not be covered by Aqualung.

That's why we all love Leisure Pro. Trying to get warranty satisfaction from a local dealer was fruitless. They could not fix anything, and left me alone to handle the situation with the manufacturer, which happened to be Sherwood. Sherwood made good on those items, but I wasted a lot of time with that dealer.

I sent a computer with a glitch back to LP, and a brand new replacement arrived quickly. That's one reason why they are the favorite way we buy gear.

go check out cave adventurers website. (do a google search for them) best prices you'll find and they are an authorized dealer (liesure pro has good prices but you lose out on the warranty).

Jotax

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom