Corrugated Hose on Express Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parzdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got the Express Tech and hopefully I'll be in the pool with it this week or next, and diving in the Caribbean in January. :D

As others have said, the corrugated hose seems way too long. My primary (local cold water) diving gear is a SS backplate and wing. The corrugated hose on the Tech Express is probably four inches longer. Besides being very "dangly" I would also need to change the LP hose from my reg when switching between the Zeagle and my other gear. Can that hose easily be shortened? I'm still unsure of the pull dump, but don't want to change the entire configuration at this point.

Thanks for any advice.

You would have to change the entire Remote Exhaust assembly to a 16" unit.

It can be done.

I am actually taking an Express Tech to Cayman next week, so I will play around with the length of hoses. It may very well be that a 16" hose is sufficient for it, and should be standard?!

Thanks for the input!

Scott

You would have to change the entire Remote Exhaust assembly to a 16" unit.

It can be done.

I am actually taking an Express Tech to Cayman next week, so I will play around with the length of hoses. It may very well be that a 16" hose is sufficient for it, and should be standard?!

Thanks for the input!

Scott

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does the 19" hose come standard on all Zeagle BC's and wings?

Enjoy Cayman. I look forward to hearing back.

So Scott - what are your thoughts on the Express Tech, particularly hose length? I saw on the other thread you enjoyed it in Cayman.... wondering if you could share anything you did to further customize it.

I had it in the pool, spent a good amount of time adjusting d-ring and buckle and getting the general feel for it. It is a bit strange going from a BP/W with a fixed shoulder strap to one that is adjustable pulling the waist tighter. Has the benefit of easier donning/doffing, but takes a little adjustment in the water.

Thanks again! It is great to see a manufacturer that takes the time to interact with their customers!

I am not a BPW guy, and don't really find them all that comfortable, so I made a few changes to the Express Tech to make it more comfortable TO ME.

I added what we call "articulating shoulders" kind of like what we sell on the Ranger LTD, and shoulder buckles. I also added the pad kit to the shoulders and the back, just for a little extra comfort.

I also used a 30lb donut bladder, which we just added to the line this year, just to try it out.

As for the hose length, I dove with the 16" hose on 4 dives and the 19" hose on 2 dives, and really didn't have a preference one way or the other. Both seemed fine to me, but I was weighted almost perfectly and didn't spend any time really adding or dumping air from the bladder...so I could go either way.

Like I said before, if there is enough talk to warrant a wholesale change I am not against it....and the BC could be ordered with either a 16", 19" or even a 23" hose...the cost is nearly identical, so that isn't an issue at all!

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott - I appreciate the feedback. I'm going to dive it as is in January. I'll decide then if I want to shorten the hose. In warm clear water I don't use the inflator much, so I think the 16" would just keep it out of the way a bit more. We'll see. I'll let you know how the dives go, but so far I like it. I think it is a great lightweight travel rig for a BP/W guy. And you can't beat the price.

So is there a way we could send in the original hose for the shortened version? I'm a BP/W person mayself, but my son usues the express tech and finds the hose longer then he prefers.

If it is unused, your LDS should be able to help you out with an exchange.

If it is used there is really nothing that we can do with it....

Thanks,

Scott

So is there a way we could send in the original hose for the shortened version? I'm a BP/W person mayself, but my son usues the express tech and finds the hose longer then he prefers.

The two parts to change the hose are fairly inexpensive. The replacement remote exhaust is about $30 and the shorter hose is about $20. If you change from a remote exhaust, the elbow is $15. So you are in for $35-50. Prices are based on what I've seen on-line.

You might be able to sell your old parts for a few bucks, or keep them as spares.

Back
Top Bottom