Corrosion-resisant mini quick release plate for mini cameras like GoPro, Insta360, etc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want a mini quick release system made especially for small action cameras. I have no need for large systems for heavier cameras.

I don't want an arca-style clamp system where you have to turn a screw, but rather something that can easily clip and unclip with a button press or lever.

I have used the Ulanzi Hummingbird system but the internal spring has corroded apart and the Hummingbird can only be opened with a special pin-removal tool if you want to replace the spring. Because the spring is broken, it can no longer lock.

Are there any other corrosion-resistant systems out there?

just 'gotta soak in SaltX post dive.... I did find however the screws (SS?) that told my flip filters into the frame (AL?) still got nasty....

My solution? Just dive here at home in the Great Lakes....

I want a mini quick release system made especially for small action cameras. I have no need for large systems for heavier cameras.

I don't want an arca-style clamp system where you have to turn a screw, but rather something that can easily clip and unclip with a button press or lever.

I have used the Ulanzi Hummingbird system but the internal spring has corroded apart and the Hummingbird can only be opened with a special pin-removal tool if you want to replace the spring. Because the spring is broken, it can no longer lock.

Are there any other corrosion-resistant systems out there?
following

Back
Top Bottom