Correct Torque for MK25 (Evo) Seat Retainer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NowTeelus

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have different informations regarding the correct torque of the MK25(Evo) seat retainer:

In the older Frogkick manual for the MK20/MK25, Scubapro recommends to tighten the screw to a torque of 15NM or 130 in lbs.
On the (round) seat retainer of my old MK20, there's also the imprint "TORQUE 15-17 NEWTON x m" (picture).

In a (also from Frogkick) schematic of the MK25 AF, rev D, the torque of the new hex seat retainer is declared as 30NM or 266 in lbs.

What do you think? I don't know if I'm correct, but to my eyes, the technical difference between the old round and the new hex seat retainer seems to be rather the outer form, but less it's function as a screw. I't just an impression, but I think that 30NM would be far to high.

So, what do you do?
seatretainer.jpg

Follow the manual and use a torque wrench if you are so inclined.

There are mechanical differences that could probably explain the difference in torque specs.

There was as far as I remember only one MK25 model, the MK25TI (TI-ALLOY), which demanded on their schematics 30Nm-266lb.inch torque.
All the others over the years used between 15-17Nm-150lb.inch, including the MK25EVO......

This above is the Mk25 Chrome, which is the most common one.

Hello everybody,

I have different informations regarding the correct torque of the MK25(Evo) seat retainer:

In the older Frogkick manual for the MK20/MK25, Scubapro recommends to tighten the screw to a torque of 15NM or 130 in lbs.
On the (round) seat retainer of my old MK20, there's also the imprint "TORQUE 15-17 NEWTON x m" (picture).

In a (also from Frogkick) schematic of the MK25 AF, rev D, the torque of the new hex seat retainer is declared as 30NM or 266 in lbs.

What do you think? I don't know if I'm correct, but to my eyes, the technical difference between the old round and the new hex seat retainer seems to be rather the outer form, but less it's function as a screw. I't just an impression, but I think that 30NM would be far to high.

So, what do you do?

View attachment 491736

Attachments

• 10-713-0X0 MK25 EVO.pdf
    505.5 KB · Views: 700

Back
Top Bottom