Correct 35lb wing for Ranger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is the "correct" 35lb wing for a Ranger? I want the single layer, two lower dumps on the "top" (as opposed to the Ranger with the dumps on the "bottom") and "winglets".

Is it the same one as on the Stiletto?

As I have posted on earlier threads, I am not happy with the 44lb wing probably because I am not using it at any where near its capacity.

Thanks in advance!

Scott,

I am about to order a Stilletto wing for my Ranger. However, I was looking at my girlfriends Lazer wing ( I believe it's the same as the Stilletto ) and it seems that it is much shorter than the Ranger bladder. In other words, the distance between the shoulder straps and the winglets are different. Will the Stilletto wing fit the Ranger harness?

Just checking before I order.

Thanks.

Yes. The Stiletto and the LaZer use the same bladder, so you can take it off and check it out if you want to see how it will fit on your Ranger...

If you want me to totally throw you a curve ball, you might consider the 24lb Stiletto bladder, which will be even smaller...since you already have the 44lb bladder if you ever need it!!!

:wink:

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott for your quick reply. I know I could take them apart and check, however, without me going through all that, is it supposed to be compatible? It looks to me in a side by side comparison that the winglet clips on the Ranger are adjustable. I take it it's for this reason, no?

Yes. It is supposed to be compatible.

Just attach the bladder and clip the wing into the same straps that are on the Ranger.

Scott

I ordered the wing last week. I think it should be fine, I did notice one thing though. At the bottom inside corners of the Stilletto wing there are little tabs for attaching to the harness with the plastic sex bolts. There are no such attachments tabs on the Ranger, so I am guessing that that is not an important connection. In fact, on the Ranger there are small D-rings where those tabs would be on the Stilletto, so attachment at those points is not even an option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom